Forums

Is it possible to be both saved and gay?

Page: 1

ThePurpleSpirit

Joined in 2014
December 31, 2014, 01:08

Hi. I'm (real name censored) but you can call me PurpleSpirit or Purple for short.

I'm not actually a Christian. I was raised in a Christian house old and was a born again Christian up until 3 years ago. To which I was deconverted by a process I'd rather not go into because, hey, you're happy and I don't want to be interfering with anyone's world view. After the deconversion I was able to stop supressing my bisexuality and explore a bit.

Lately though, I've been wavering on the resolve on the whole God's not real thing and decided to do some research ahead of time, should I get pulled back into Christianity, to see if it's possible to be a) saved b) gay and c) in a relationship with Christ- all at the same time.

Or even if you're just saved and gay, I'd like to hear some personal testimonies and experience in the matter.

Looking forward to any answers 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 1, 2015, 09:17

Hi Purple Spirit

Welcome to f2b! 🙂

We have people here of all spiritual stages and backgrounds and we do not mind at all whether you are Christian or not. This is a space to work out your own spirituality and we do not have an agenda around that. We just aim to support you in your journey regardless of the outcome.

There are many here who are both happily gay and born again or "saved". So it definitely is possible to be both and live a happy, fulfilled life. Churches are slowly becoming accepting of homosexuality – it's just a matter of finding a gay friendly/accepting church. Are you part of a church or looking for one?

Some here have also chosen a different spiritual path, perhaps deciding not to be Christian, and they also are fulfilled in their choices.

Check out the stories section to see Ben's story among many others. Ben has successfully reconciled both his Christianity and sexuality and is living a fulfilled life, while being an active member of his church.

http://www.freedom2b.org/forums/ben-20—aog-christian-young-man-is-coming-out-t183/

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 5, 2015, 14:18

Hi PurpleSpirit,

Well to F2B, I ditto everything Ann Maree has said. I believe in your ABC 🙂 If you read through some of the posts in the forum under, Telling our stories, you will find a lot of amazing stories of people who have come to a place where they feel comfortable being Gay, Christian and having a relationship with Christ. My son is one of them, so please take the time to read through some of them. 🙂

ThePurpleSpirit

Joined in 2014
February 3, 2015, 12:53

Thankyou very much, both of you! Just what I was looking for.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 8, 2015, 21:36

Hi Purple Spirit.

Glad that was helpful. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Eric Lee

Joined in 2011
February 9, 2015, 22:14

Hi Purple Spirit,

My experience was soon after I accepted who I am and came out to people who are important in my life (including the church that I go to) – it was liberating. My relationship with God has grown closer and stronger.

The God I believe is a God who understands and knows us. To be saved or not be saved is an important question, but I know right now at this moment, I am definitely with God and enjoying it!

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.062 seconds.