Forums

Just read a wonderful book

Page:   1 2

murrayd

Joined in 2009
January 1, 2010, 08:31

I have just read a wonderfull book on acceptance by Two evangelical pastors in the states.

Both have gone outside the church and are working amongst those that Jesus would have been calling his friends.

Both are on the net with excerpts on youtube.

The book is called ‘Jesus Loves Me [this I know]’ it can be found on the web as http://www.jesuslovesme.net Check it out.

Craig Harper one of the Pastors writes a chapter on homosexuality with acceptance and unconditional love .The chapter is” Jesus loves the unloved ”

.Craig Gross The other pastor has a website called http://www.xxxchurch.com. Craig was out here in Australia a few years ago working with the Red Frogs at Schoolies on the Gold Coast.

I actually bought the book at “Koorong”. Its good to see them selling something positive.

murrayd

Joined in 2009
January 1, 2010, 09:21

Sorry the book is “Jesus loves you. this I Know”

Web sight is http://www.jesuslovesyou.net

Must be the late night last night.

May God really work in the church this year in acceptance.

May God bless you all in 2010

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 1, 2010, 10:42

Hi Murray

Happy New Year!!

I like how you are so committed to taking a stand on behalf of outcasts. It’s wonderful to read your emphasis on loving people as Jesus did. I love the passion you have for that. I love the ‘under stories’ in the bible or the exceptions to the law of outcasts finding favour both in the OT and NT.

I’m reminded of Rumi’s words: “Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing there is a field. I’ll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about.”

I think this open minded stance is required both in our relationship with God and with others who seem different to us. In truth we are all connected and being prepared to find that point of connection without entertaining ego stuff is so healing. There are powerful opportunities for unity when we practise what Rumi says while following in the example of Jesus.

Blessings to you, Murray.

Ann Maree

murrayd

Joined in 2009
January 1, 2010, 13:33

Thanks Ann Maree. I have just been looking at the love of Jesus for the Outcaste of all outcastes. Where he met the samaritan woman at the well.Jesus being brought up in judaism was taught that the Samaritans were the lowest of all peoples. Yet jesus went out of his way to meet up with her at the well. He was going down to Jerusalem from Galilee but he went right out of his way for that meeting. It would have put an extra day on his trip.He firstly spoke to her asking for water. Speeking to a samaritan was a no no for a Jew. Not only was she a samaritan but she had been divorced 5 times and the man she was living with was not her husband.In the eyes of a pious Jew how lowest of the low was this woman. you know how taken back she was. Yet Jesus had unconditional love for her. He offered her springs of living water to quench the heartaches of the soul. Yes Jesus loved her.

God bless you and use you in his kingdom.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 1, 2010, 14:26

Hi Murray

Yes I love that story. And I especially love the story of the woman who poured oil on his feet and dried them with her hair. You can literally feel both the power of the love that was there between the woman and Jesus juxtaposed with the recoiling response of the others. I’m guessing you could probably cut the air with a knife for those who were uncomfortable with the cultural taboos around this display. He really did challenge people to continually look at including those who would otherwise never have the same rights as others. And this message is so powerful to me it leaps off the pages and challenges me to be more and more inclusive and open minded toward others, to see everyone as divine and as God sees them, even when I don’t feel like it.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 1, 2010, 15:39

I often think the true impact of the stories like the Samaritan woman and some parables really escapes us as we really don’t understand a culture that really despised people so unforgivingly

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 1, 2010, 16:02

I don’t know that our modern cultures are that different in this though. Do you think we are more evolved?

murrayd

Joined in 2009
January 1, 2010, 17:29

No.

There are still many pharasees out there in the Church of today.I love the saying that so many of them give. I love the sinner but not the sin.

They must remember because of Adam all have sinned and come short of Gods glory.

They are so short sighted why cant they see the unconditional love that Jesus showed. He never used the” but” word in showing his love.

He even went as far as a horrible death to remove our sin as far as the east is from the west.

Let us love our pharasitical friends with the unconditional love of Jesus

sman

Joined in 2009
January 2, 2010, 12:24

Hey bro, Where did you pick this book up from? I was wanting to get it to read a friend refered me to it.

murrayd

Joined in 2009
January 3, 2010, 15:59

I got my copy from Koorong books. There is a Koorong bookstore in Melbourne at 140 Franklin Street city. I have checked for you they have it in stock. The full title is Jesus Loves you….this i know by Craig gross and jason harper. Until the 6th Jan there is a 20% discount on all their books . It was so refreshing to see this book in an evangelical book shop

God bless you both

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.047 seconds.