Forums

Last night meeting in Melbourne

Page: 1

Michelle

Joined in 2012
April 20, 2013, 12:51

Thank you so much for organising last night's Melbourne meeting for Freedom 2 be. It was an amazing night. Hearing the beautiful poetry has truly inspired me. I am unsure if this is the right place to make my suggestion. I was discussing with Linda and Michelle about the severe lack of services for our LGBTIQ Community in the Frankston area, and indeed on the entire Mornington Peninsula. I myself have found great solace in using Art to express many areas of my life. I have attended many workshops, meetings and support groups, but none that have have included Art for the LGBTIQ Community, let alone in the Frankston/Mornington Peninsula area. I was wondering if there would be anyone interested in such a group (yourself or maybe friends you may know)? Any suggestions on places that I may approach to network and build such a group would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any responses.

Michelle

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
April 20, 2013, 21:13

Thank you Michelle for your lovely encouragement about our 'different' kind of meeting last night 🙂

I have had several really positive replies from some who were there and we thought it was a huge success!

Your idea for an art therapy type of program is commendable and I hope you get some interest 🙂

Warm regards

Michelle

Dragunov

Joined in 2013
April 23, 2013, 17:15

I feel terrible about not being able to come for the meeting last Friday as I was looking forward to it. I drove three hours out of central Victoria only to get caught for another hour and a half in heavy traffic congestion going through one end of Melbourne to the other. Next time, I must remember to leave by 2:30 pm if I want to make an evening meeting on time.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 29, 2013, 22:01

Hi omshanti

What about approaching Womens' Health in the South East? I think they are based in Dandenong now but used to be in Frankston. They may know of arty people in your area or be able to help organise an art group for LGBTI people.

You could also call the LGBT switchboard or Joy FM and ask them for suggestions.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.03 seconds.