I am 54 year old lesbian

Raised an Anglican, then went to Assemblies of God for ten years

No one would talk to me about being gay though they knew I was

I cried and struggled

I went on the scene I had one night stands

I had relationship with a female who was an alcoholic I ended it

I have been with current female partner for 21 years

Recently I saw a video about Christians burning in hell

This sent me into deep depression. The doctor has me on pills.

My partner has lost interest in sex. We are sleeping apart

I cry all the time

Please give me a word of encouragment

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
July 2, 2012, 14:19

Hi Lokyergirl

Welcome to freedom2b 🙂

I'm so glad you had the courage to post on our forum! It sounds like you have been going through a hard time recently. It's good to know you are under the care of your GP and my understanding is that anti depressants can take a few weeks to feel the benefits. Have you or your partner considered some counseling? It can be extremely beneficial to have an experienced person assist you to work through relationship issues. My partner and I can say we have had positive outcomes from professional help 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your recent experience caused you such distress! Do you feel you have some reconciliation with your faith and sexuality issues or is this an area you struggle with? We have an amazing community within freedom2b and I'm sure you will get support here!

Take a little time to read through some of the stories posted and I'm sure you will find others with who you may have things in common

Everyone's journey is different but we all have an understanding that coming from a Christian background and identifying as an lgbti person can be difficult when faced with ignorant people.

Take care

Warm regards

Michelle

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
July 2, 2012, 16:18

Hi Lockergal,

Welcome to F2B, totally agree with everything Michelle has said. It takes a lot of courage and strength to post on a new forum and open yourself up, well done. This is a great bunch of people, all coming from many different backgrounds, some stories you will be able to relate to very much. So many have struggled with reconciling their faith and sexuality if you are going through this you will find much encouragement and resources on this forum.

I encourage you to read the many stories on this forum, after their own trails many have now found peace, love and happiness. There is wonderful stories of hope, strength and encouragement.

There is a great Brisbane F2B chapter, if you are able to get to any of the meetings sometime. They are on once a month, think it is the 3rd Friday in the month but better check up on that.

Praying for you 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 2, 2012, 19:26

Hi Lockyergal

How great that you found us! We are here for you and others like you. So many will relate to what you have written so thank you for sharing with us.

I agree with the wise words from Michelle and Mother Hen. I've also found counselling very useful for myself.

I hope that you'll be able to go to a f2b meeting in Brisbane. If you would like, feel free to send a private message to Mr Summit who is one of the organisers of that lovely group. Mr S will be glad to give you further information and extend a warm welcome if you decide that's something you might wish to follow up.

You are not alone. We are here for you in whatever way we can be of assistance and support.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
July 2, 2012, 22:41

HI Lockyergal,

In Brisbane we have meetings on the second Friday of every Month at the Healthy Communities building in Newstead @ 7pm. It's a really friendly bunch of people. Obviously it is a fair hike for you, but we are here if you really need to meet some people from a similar background. 🙂

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.057 seconds.