does that make more sense?

Yep thanks it does.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
June 18, 2011, 23:17

The mother in you is a shining warm star! 🙂

Your Son must be very proud of you!

GBU

Thankyou, your kind words mean a lot. I’m very proud of my son too.

God Bess

cal87

Joined in 2011
June 19, 2011, 11:45

yeah that does make more sense

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 19, 2011, 13:47

LGBTTIQQSSATSXYZ no google on this one, think you must of made it up 😉 .

yep I did… :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: …a little bit of humour to highlight our cumbersome acronyms. 😉

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 19, 2011, 13:50

Mother Hen – G’day! What an exaustive list. A lot of hard work on your part. Thank you.

As for your little test: AAPS – without resorting to googling, it could mean you are an Associate of the Australian P Society, with the ‘P’ being pysiotherapist or psychologist or pychologist or photographic or ??? With the F in FAPS being an upgrade to ‘Fellow of’. (Although one normally transits from Associate to Member to Fellow.) Then the ‘I’ in AFIAP could be “international’. By the way, what’s the prize? And of course, if the replacement and addition means an upgrade in your eminent status, we all say “congratulations”.

I would have gone the same direction.

BTW Motherhen your link http://www.letsgophotography.com doesn’t open for me….anyone else having problems

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 19, 2011, 13:52

It was the Homosexual part being offensive that I personally wasn’t sure about either, that is just what the web site said so I thought I’d rather put it in and get some feedback on it and er on the side of caution.

You done good motherhen…..you done real good. You have come from an almost zero knowledge base on terminology to being more informed than the average LGBTTIQQSSATSXYZ person….hehe.

to answer the question about the word homosexual being offensive.

The word homosexual is a relatively new word which first appeared in 1869 in a pamphlet in Germany. Next it appeared in a book Discovery of the Soul in 1880 and in 1886, Richard von Krafft-Ebing used the terms homosexual and heterosexual in his book Psychopathia Sexualis,

From that point on it was only used in a clinical context as referred to someone who was ‘abnormal’ ,dysfunctional and as a pathology.

So it didn’t have good connotations. some of that has been removed as more scientific research has been done on sexual orientation.

If gay and lesbian people liked the word then they wouldn’t have come up with terms like camp or gay.

if homosexual is being used in a clinical sense when differentiating between homosexual or heterosexual then that is okay…..but there is a better way. eg gay or lesbian or LGBT…..depending on whether we are talking about gender or a community.

it is particularly offensive when used with other words such as

• homosexual relationship

• homosexual lifestyle

• homosexual people

• homosexual agenda

You will notice that some very anti-gay christian leaders refuse to use new terminology and will only ever use the word homosexual.

does that make more sense?

….and dont forget ‘practising homosexual’……we hate that.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 19, 2011, 14:02

another term you might like to add to the list of offensive terms motherhen is hermaphrodite (do you know how to edit your original post)

This is the term previously used for Intersex people. Originally a medical term as a condition/disorder it was eventually rejected as a label by the intersex community.

if interested you can read more here http://www.intersexinitiative.org/articles/intersex-faq.html

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
June 19, 2011, 16:55

BTW Motherhen your link http://www.letsgophotography.com doesn’t open for me….anyone else having problems

Yes I know it’s down, changing domains so it’s off line for a while, maybe a few days. 🙁

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
June 19, 2011, 17:06

another term you might like to add to the list of offensive terms motherhen is hermaphrodite (do you know how to edit your original post)

This is the term previously used for Intersex people. Originally a medical term as a condition/disorder it was eventually rejected as a label by the intersex community.

if interested you can read more here [url=http://www.intersexinitiative.org/articles/intersex-faq.html

]http://www.intersexinitiative.org/articles/intersex-faq.html

Yep, added it, gee I’m getting good. Looked up the site, very interesting, there is so much information out there, so much to learn makes the head spin.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
June 19, 2011, 18:15

Hi Mother Hen

Excellent work! Very impressive! 🙂

Thanks so much for doing this.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.077 seconds.