Forums

Looking for a church or connect group

Page:   1 2

nieche

Joined in 2012
October 3, 2012, 13:27

Hi

I am a born again Christian who came to know the Lord when I was 15. The experience was so real, God is real and He is love!

But lately I am so tired of churches and the pretentious church people. I am gay, which I lately have come to terms with. I know it took so long for me. Unlike others, things are different in my world.

I never intended to explore my sexuality or look for a partner. I am turning 25 this December. As a matter of fact I am in a place where I discovered I like guys. Late last year I tried to explore the gay side. I went out to couple of gay clubs for the first time in my life. I also travelled around Europe.

Unfortunately, it was so discouraging. I didn’t fit in at all. And I found myself so different from other gay guys. It was very hard. No one wants to get to know you or be friends with you without having sex.

This experience really had drawn me close to God, also I saw a more complete picture of how churches portray themselves. I have found that they completely contradict to the life of Jesus. Jesus loved everyone unconditionally, with no judgment and open arms.

Anyways, sorry for blabbing… I felt right talking to someone. I am back in Melbourne, settled back in work and stuff. And I am wondering, are there any churches in Melbourne who love people unconditionally and serve them. If you know a church please let me know! I will be there! ☺

Also it would be amazing to find some friends who are in my boat, who love the Lord and identify themselves as gays…

I am planning on attending the freedom2b events…

Keep posting

♥ nieche

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
October 3, 2012, 16:29

Hi Nieche

Thanks for posting and welcome to freedom2b!

If you are able to attend our next meeting in Melbourne that would be terrific 🙂

It's also an opportunity to chat with some of our members who do attend a church as they can share where they attend and you might get some more insight as to what is around.

We do have a small list of welcoming churches on the website under 'Support' and we aim to add more. There is also the gay christian network website which might be helpful.

You can private message me at any time or contact me for melbourne updates through the contact tab on this site as well.

Warm regards

Michelle

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 4, 2012, 07:06

Hi Nieche

Welcome to f2b! 🙂

Like Michelle said, the f2b meeting coming up is an excellent way to make friends and find out about local churches that might suit you. 🙂

There are also the Bayside group of churches with Ps Rob Buckingham who made a welcoming address to LGBTI a couple of years back and received a standing ovation in his congregation. I'm not sure what style of church you prefer but that's a pentecostal style church. And as Michelle said there are other churches listed in the 'Support' section so have a look there. Go to the 'Support' tab in the bar above, select 'Faith and Religion' then scroll down to the bottom of the page where there are some churches listed. Collins Street Baptist is another church not listed but which is gay friendly.

Here's the link for the next Melbourne f2b meeting from the Events section of this site. Hope you can make it. 🙂

http://www.freedom2b.org/rsvpmaker/freedom2b-melbourne-friday-19th-october-meeting/

Blessings,

Ann Maree

nieche

Joined in 2012
October 5, 2012, 13:33

Hi Michelle and Ann Maree

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am hoping to attend the Joy Fm event.

Thanks again

Nieche

Bathsheeba

Joined in 2012
October 6, 2012, 18:04

Hi Nieche

Welcome to f2b 🙂

I too am in your situation though a little older. I have had trouble fitting in all my life in church although I am born again and just want to meet LGBTIQ people with Christian values.

I encourage you and affirm you. I'll be at the f2b meeting for the first time 🙂

There are some great people here.

Keep posting, we are with you.

Dan

jamesn

Joined in 2009
October 7, 2012, 17:27

Nieche

Great to hear from you. Spend time checking out what is around – it is like panning for gold – there are plenty of precious nuggets around for GLBT Christians – you just have to sift through what's there.

nieche

Joined in 2012
October 10, 2012, 11:02

Quote from Bathsheeba on October 6, 2012, 6:04 pm

Hi Nieche

Welcome to f2b 🙂

I too am in your situation though a little older. I have had trouble fitting in all my life in church although I am born again and just want to meet LGBTIQ people with Christian values.

I encourage you and affirm you. I'll be at the f2b meeting for the first time 🙂

There are some great people here.

Keep posting, we are with you.

Dan

Thanks Dan

I was going to go to the f2b meeting next week, but unfortunatly I am rostered to work on that evening, finishing work at 9pm.

Which is very dissapointing, not sure till what time the meeting ends.

Keep in touch

Nieche

nieche

Joined in 2012
October 10, 2012, 11:02

Quote from jamesn on October 7, 2012, 5:27 pm

Nieche

Great to hear from you. Spend time checking out what is around – it is like panning for gold – there are plenty of precious nuggets around for GLBT Christians – you just have to sift through what's there.

Thanks James

I send you a PM

Cheers

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
October 11, 2012, 11:55

Hi Nieche,

Welcome to F2B, I know you will really enjoy the F2B meetings when you are able to get to one, some thing to look forward to.

You are the same age as my son "Mr Summit" he is just about to come back from a 10 week trip around Europe, yeah :), so you have a few things in common. He is one of the leaders of the Brisbane chapter, so if you are up this way any time I know they would love to have you come to a meeting.

Take the time to read through some of the amazing courageous inspiring stories on this site. Some I'm sure you will be able to relate to.

Take care 🙂

nieche

Joined in 2012
November 5, 2012, 14:32

Quote from Mother Hen on October 11, 2012, 11:55 am

Hi Nieche,

Welcome to F2B, I know you will really enjoy the F2B meetings when you are able to get to one, some thing to look forward to.

You are the same age as my son "Mr Summit" he is just about to come back from a 10 week trip around Europe, yeah :), so you have a few things in common. He is one of the leaders of the Brisbane chapter, so if you are up this way any time I know they would love to have you come to a meeting.

Take the time to read through some of the amazing courageous inspiring stories on this site. Some I'm sure you will be able to relate to.

Take care 🙂

Thank you so much. So are you based in Melbourne or Brisbane?

This website, already helped me alot. Through this I found out about Bayside Christian Church and I have been attending there ever since. And I also made couple of good friends.

I would love to visit Brisbane 🙂

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.061 seconds.