Forums

Mardi Gras 2008......How it was for you! Photos on Facebook

Page:   1 2 3

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 4, 2008, 22:57

that was a wonderful post Mark………last year i think was exremely emotional for all of us. I wasn’t aware that was the case for people this year….but i guess being out there in front meant i missed a bit. sounds to me like you had a healing.

i understand what you mean about the 2007 signs. We are not a christian organisation as such……some still have a faith….some have rejected it….some still working it all out. last year we had a working bee and those who turned up were all poeple of faith…..gay christians who were proud to carry those signs but i know not everyone was happy with the strong christian message……….but we allow each person their space and journey here. I think you sense that. There is a place in F2B i believe for everyone from our background.

i’m glad you got to talk and meet with others….and that you are now out…..i think in the long run it makes life easier …..in most cases.

i’m glad you are going to help form a good group down in Melbourne.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 5, 2008, 02:43

Videos now on facebook

[url=http://www.facebook.com/video/?oid=8803252341]http://www.facebook.com/video/?oid=8803252341

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 5, 2008, 06:36

Wow, Im reading all these posts about the Mari Gras march. I wish I could have been a part of something so amazing!!!!! I wish I could bring all of you to the Honolulu Gay Pride march in June. How amazing it woud be to have a group like F2B in every pride parade!!! I AM SO EXCITED TO BE A PART OF THIS GROUP!!! I just might have to fly to Austrailia next year and march with all of you! THIS IS SO AMAZING!!!!

wilzy30

Joined in 2005
March 5, 2008, 13:03

The afternoon/evening of Mardi Gras 2008 was a brilliant time for me personally. 😀

But rewinding 24 hours earlier, I was in a different state. I was very nervous about what I was about to do and had something of a panic attack, esp. after reading the Baptist Statement re. the 100 Revs. 😕

Saturday morning I was feeling a bit tense. 🙁 I got into town early, went for a bit of a walk in the Gardens and then met Phil W at the Martin Place meeting point.

So, everyone came and we went to the Hyde Park marshalling area. By the time I had met everyone, I was relaxed and in my element. A far cry from the previous evening… just ask Anthony. 😀

We marched! I made sure I was up front and helped carry the banner after a bit. I was waving and smiling! I was enjoying myself thoroughly! 8)

Just before approaching Taylor Square, there was this youngish Asian lad, who once he saw our banner just started weeping. I was deeply moved and waved at him and gave him a look of support. 🙂

There were a few other faced who acknowledged us with a nod and a smile during the walk.

As I write this, I feel special and glad I was there.

The “after party” for us was at the Bar Cleveland,which I thought was the perfect coming down. A few drinks, a bite to eat and a lot of talking and socializing.

I may even have met someone. 😛 Will wait and see what happens, if anything…

But I am so so so glad I marched. It made me feel special. 😀

William.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
March 5, 2008, 13:27

Wow William, thats so cool 😀 Very moving about the young asian guy.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 5, 2008, 13:37

yes as we march up Oxford st…..it is not unusual to catch someone reading our sign…..then you see the lights come on for them.

you can see it in their eyes…….it says ‘wow……pentecostal and gay…i didn’t believe that was possible’

then they cheer even louder.

I’m sure there is a story behind that young guy in the crowd who cried. lets hope he finds us on the net

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
March 6, 2008, 16:22

Dear desperate4truth! Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. 😀

It’s exciting for us to have someone from overseas join the group. We love the idea of reaching others on a global scale. I’m sure if we could come to Hawaii we would and also for you to come to Australia! Enjoy the forum and I hope you get as much from it as I do!

Cheers Michelle 8)

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 6, 2008, 17:08

Thanks Michele!!! Its great to be here!! Yeah, it would be great to go to Austrailia, how ever I think about the closest Joe and I will get to Auzzie Land is going to Outback Steakhouse for dinner 😆 …. One of my favorite restaurants by the way…. LOL! 😉

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
March 6, 2008, 19:35

Yummmm the outback steakhouse 😀 dont you love that massive onion called ayres rock or something? yummo!!!! going there in 2 weeks for Dads B’day 😉

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 7, 2008, 02:10

Oh yeah! Your tallkin about the Bloomin Onion! So good.

My favorite, is their Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie. OR THE ALICE SPRINGS CHICKEN!!!!! OMG! SO GOOD! 😀

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.055 seconds.