Forums

Melbourne Freedom 2 b[e] Youth (18-30) get togethers

Page: 1

Duane

Joined in 2010
October 24, 2010, 23:28

Freedom 2 b[e] Youth in Melbourne is born!

Currently we have Youth events in Sydney but will be starting up events in Melbourne in late 2010. Stay tuned for more info!

We provide information, support, dialogue and a welcoming community to assist youth & young adults (18-30) from Christian backgrounds to reconcile faith & sexuality and make a positive difference. Whether you have left the church or are still there, Freedom 2 b[e] is your place to connect, gain information, find support and dialogue with people who understand your journey.

Duane 🙂

Get in touch! [email protected]

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 24, 2010, 23:30

Hi Duane

That’s fantastic! Good on you!

Blessings,

Ann Maree

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
October 25, 2010, 21:07

Freedom 2 b[e] Youth in Melbourne is born!

Currently we have Youth events in Sydney but will be starting up events in Melbourne in late 2010. Stay tuned for more info!

We provide information, support, dialogue and a welcoming community to assist youth & young adults (18-30) from Christian backgrounds to reconcile faith & sexuality and make a positive difference. Whether you have left the church or are still there, Freedom 2 b[e] is your place to connect, gain information, find support and dialogue with people who understand your journey.

This is great news!

I know the inaugural f2b Youth Event in Melbourne will be a huge success 🙂

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
October 26, 2010, 13:36

Hey Duane,

This is so exciting! All the best mate.

I hope to come down for the first event so let me know when it will be and I’ll be there.

Also everyone should totally ‘like’ the Freedom 2 b[e] Youth – Melbourne page on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Freedom-2-be-Youth-Melbourne/144155478963383

Duane

Joined in 2010
November 15, 2010, 23:09

Freedom 2 b[e] Youth – Melbourne is launching! Come along to our inaugural event… chill out and soak up the warmer weather at a BBQ on the Yarra riverfront! Bring your friends, a sense of humour and book it in your diaries NOW 🙂

Here’s the plan:

– BBQ on the Yarra 12-2pm

– Work it off with some frisbee and a wander round the Botanical Gardens next door

– Meet some new folks and devise grand plans for stuff to do next year.

Check out the Facebook event page for more details

Get in touch: [email protected]

Duane!

Duane

Joined in 2010
January 23, 2011, 16:31

Happy new year! Hope you’re all enjoying the summer weather. Which means of course, it’s perfect for an outdoor event!

Freedom 2 b[e] Youth will kick off 2011 with a bit of fun – movies under the stars (as part of Midsumma). Gather round, bring a picnic blanket, drinks, nibbles and your friends to see Big Gay Musical – “…after musical numbers with scantily clad tap-dancing angels, a re-telling of Genesis, tele-evangelists, a camp that attempts to turn gay kids straight, and a bunch of show-tunes, everyone realises that life gets better once they accept who they really are.”

Check out the Facebook event page

SATURDAY JAN 29: THE BIG GAY MUSICAL

2009; USA; 90 min; Comedy/Musical; Casper Andreas (Dir.)

When Paul and Eddie begin previews for the new Off-Broadway musical Adam and Steve: Just the Way God Made ‘Em, they find their lives imitating art. Paul is looking for the perfect man and Eddie is dealing with how he can reconcile his sexuality with his faith.

Venue: Fairfield Amphitheatre

When: Sat 29 Jan – Gates open 7pm. Film starts at Sunset

Price: Full $13; Concession or MQFF members $11

Bring: A picnic blanket, nibbles and drinks

Tickets on the door. Wine is able to be purchased at the venue also (about $25 a bottle) but you can BYO. RSVP if you’re coming so I know to look out for you!

Hope to see you there 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 24, 2011, 00:15

Hey Duane……it would be good to set this up as a separate thread (new topic)………currently regular meetings are posted here as stickies which means when you add to this it is not as obvious.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 31, 2011, 00:35

what did you think of the movie.

Duane

Joined in 2010
January 31, 2011, 18:41

It was good – a fun and lighthearted way to come across many of the crazy issues we face! Love the tele-evangelists “Patty-Maye” and the “Breeder’s Informational Book of Living Examples”.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 1, 2011, 16:53

the movie was a crack up…..with a very interesting subtext for people like ourselves I thought.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.094 seconds.