Forums

Melbourne Freedom to be meetings. How I was touched.

Page: 1

sman

Joined in 2009
August 24, 2009, 13:25

Friday night and Saturday I learnt more about God than the whole time I have been a Christian. I realised also I have a long walk ahead but I have so much hope now after hearing all Anthony Shared. Every word he spoke or anyone had spoken had God flowing right through it. And because of that I was very overwhelmed, I havent felt God close to me in such a long time and I felt his love through all of you. Last night I said to God I found my place, my home, My tribe!! Ive walked 30 years and not felt like I fitted in anywhere and once I stepped foot into the meeting I knew I was with “My people!”. God showed me the things he has in store for me and the hope an healing I can bring about through my friends and church pastor friends I know.

I feel alive and set free. All the pain from the words many pastors and christians have said are starting to fall away and Im seeing the real me come out. In turn its rubbing off on some other friends of mine who are battling understanding themselves too. I always knew one day God would bring me closer to the GLBT community but I was always scared. Now I am so overwhelmed with joy and hope. I cry writing this because Im finally ‘me’ and no-one can take that away again.

Thank you all that were there. Just being there has really touched me deeply.

Love ya guys!

Shane.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 24, 2009, 16:47

that is fantastic Shane. It was great to meet you.

its unfortunate that so many in the church have a negative view of the GLBT community and pass that on to others…..in so doing they create a barrier for people who need to connect with us…..and have the experience you did on the weekend.

BTW…..do you want add this post to your story in this section….then people can read of your progression.

sman

Joined in 2009
August 24, 2009, 16:48

Yeah I’ll do that now. Good Idea.

July 28, 2010, 17:01

Hugs Sman!

Welcome to your new life as a truly born again sole.

you are loved and supported….if you ever need anything speak up, someone is always there for you.

LBG

IanJ

Joined in 2009
July 28, 2010, 19:36

so pleased!!!

sman

Joined in 2009
July 29, 2010, 13:11

Thanks Guys. Life is good now days. I know you’re all here for me at anytime I need it.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 29, 2010, 17:55

cool 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 29, 2010, 18:16

Hi sman

Of course we’re here for you, sman! It’s great to hear from you and I’m pleased that things are going well. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.