Forums

Melbourne. Need to make some new mates.

Page: 1

sman

Joined in 2009
August 18, 2009, 18:51

Hi guys, feel a little lame writing this on here but I feel I need to. Some of you may be aware I left my church of 8 years at the start of the year. Its been a good thing but one thing that hurt was the loss of mates. You think your close to people in churches until you leave. Add on top of that the amount of people not happy with me coming out. So here I am very lost and I was diagnosed with Bipolar not long after that which has made me feel more shit.

But Im taking some action and putting it out there. I really wanna make some mate off this site. So many of ya have been very kind and helped a lot with my walk so far. So all I really wanna do is if ya interested in catchin up outside of the Freedom 2 be site n meeting for a coffee (or if ya like me a tea… Mad tea drinker) ect that would be nice. Sound lame? I hope not. I also thought there would be others in the same boat so if its you just private me on here n we’ll swap contacts.

As I said your all a bunch of nice people n all I wanna do is make some mates.

Njoy y’all!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 18, 2009, 23:41

hey Shane…..i think you’ll find after a few meetings that you’ll feel more connected and friendships will develop. this is what has happened. We have a great bunch of guys…..and often do things together outside of the F2B meetings like dinner, birthdays….and an occasional dance.

sman

Joined in 2009
August 19, 2009, 01:59

Thanks man. Im really looking forward to Friday and Im not really sure why. I think for once I feel I fit into somewhere and its because I can truly be me. Thats something that hasnt happend for a very long time.

See ya then anyway.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 19, 2009, 08:08

Possibly its because you are going to connect with your tribe in a wholesome environment…..and in that space you can be yourself.

would that be it.

OutPentecostal

Joined in 2006
August 20, 2009, 19:48

Hi Shane. I’m Rob – ex-Melbournian now in W.A. Have you been to the Melbourne f2b to meet some of the people down there?

sman

Joined in 2009
August 21, 2009, 00:01

Nah not yet. Tomorrow is my first meeting and cant wait to meet all those beautiful people.

OutPentecostal

Joined in 2006
August 21, 2009, 00:08

Cools. Linda, Michelle, James and the others will make you feel quite at home 🙂

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.