Forums

My Story.

Page:   1 2

Just Dave

Joined in 2012
December 28, 2012, 22:19

Hi All,

First off I'd like to thank Anthony for inviting me to join.

Here is my story…

2012 has been an interesting year for me.. In January My teenage kids moved in with me after their mother walked out on them the same way as she walked out on me 12 years ago. They have been living with me ever since. The fact that their mother left them hit them hard so we decided to move from Port Macquarie across to Wauchope to start afresh.

So we moved on June 2 & my beloved Golden Labrador, Shadow, passed away in the early hours of the following morning. She was 14 years, 7 months & 1 week old, a Labrador's Life span is 10 to 13 years, so she was ancient.

Losing her devastated me, I found it hard to concentrate or commit to anything for months after her passing.

For years I've been Bi Sexual & I've now revealed my true identity to everyone. 90% of my friends have accepted me as a Bi Cross Dresser & the other 10% have joined my family in their thinking & believe that I am not normal…….lol.

What they fail to realise is that it's not their place to judge me, that is for God alone.

I'm associated mainly with the Tamworth Gay & Lesbian Group & also with the local group here OutnHastings, which I help create. Although I don't have much to do with them now as the present committee is more interested in what they can get out of being on the committee than what's good for the group.

I have the full support of both my 2 Teenage kids, ( Daughter 17 & Son 15 ) & most of my friends. Now out of those friends over half of them are Straight & even they admire me for standing up & being myself.

My Daughter was only saying yesterday that her friends admire me for taking a stand for something I believe in without worrying about " What will people say ".

On Monday night I'm attending a NYE party that a couple of straight friends are hosting here in Wauchope & they love the fact that I'm going to go dressed as a woman. My Daughter often boasts that her Dad has more Bras than she has…lol.

2013 is going to be an awesome year for my Kids & Myself.

Cheers,

Dave

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 28, 2012, 22:55

Hi Dave

Thanks for having the courage to share some of your story and welcome to f2b. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved dog. I love dogs and know what it's like losing pets and the grief involved. My heart really goes out to you with that.

That's great that you have found some supports both in your local community and with your children. Congratulations! 🙂

For 2013, I hope that you continue to find supports and acceptance that enable you to be more and more who you are.

We are certainly here for you and will be glad to share in your ongoing journey.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Just Dave

Joined in 2012
December 29, 2012, 00:12

Thank you Ann Maree,

One of my Mottos for 2013 is this,

" I am not different, I am not strange, I am not abnormal, I am Me, I am UNIQUE. "

My Family has never accepted me for me, I've always for as long as I remember been different. After Shadow passed away I was lost, I had no direction, I didn't care whether I lived or I died. It was when I was in that place in my life that I realised that I am UNIQUE. All my life people have been drawn to me, simply because I am ME. So I stepped out & let the world know exactly who I was & I did it on Face Book as well as in my area. Sure there were the so called friends that turned against me, but they were a minority. The majority of my friends support me & as I stated earlier half of them are straight.

Now I live my life as ME, a Bi Sexual that absolutely loves to dress as a woman & people support me. There are quite a few businesses that support me as well. Not in goods or services but in the same way as my friends & My Kids support me.

We are not different, We are not strange, we are not abnormal, We are ourselves, We are UNIQUE.

Cheers,

Dave

Sophia Chokhmah

Joined in 2011
December 29, 2012, 00:40

I love your "mantra" for yourself (we are not different, we are not strange…)….bottom line, yes we are unique and we are who we are in whatever shape or form…you are so encouraging..go you!!! Also great to see those who are really important to you support you. Welcome to f2b…Dave 🙂

Just Dave

Joined in 2012
December 29, 2012, 01:09

Thank you Maryanne,

If I have inspired or encouraged just one person & they do the same to someone else and so forth then we are all strengthened. Who am I ? I am just Dave, I don't aspire to be someone great – I am just Me. I love helping people in some form or way.

I would like to share this…….

A couple of weeks ago a Friend of mine who is a Christian came to me, sat on my front step & shared her concerns with me. Now I've known this Lady for a long time. We talked & I imparted to her the knowledge I had to help her with her problems. We talked about a lot of things & when she left she said to me: " Next time I want to hear a word from God, I'll come to you. "

So, despite my sexuality God still speaks through me. This in itself has strengthened me. So I continue to be me, nothing more & nothing less & I just tell it as it is.

Cheers,

Dave

Sophia Chokhmah

Joined in 2011
December 29, 2012, 01:38

🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 29, 2012, 09:33

Hi Dave

You said:

One of my Mottos for 2013 is this," I am not different, I am not strange, I am not abnormal, I am Me, I am UNIQUE. "

That's great, Dave. 🙂 Can I make a suggestion? When using affirmations or truths, they tend to be even more powerful when we positively declare who we are rather than who we are not. So instead of 'I am not abnormal', you could say 'I am completely normal' and instead of 'I am not strange', 'I am who I am meant to be' ……or put something else in your own words that strongly resonates with you..

Words are powerful and our unconscious selves do not understand the word 'not'. At a deeper level, we tend to grab onto the words 'different' and 'abnormal' instead which is precisely what you are moving away from. Does that make sense?

It's fantastic that you recognise that you are unique and that people are drawn to you. I can well understand that they would be. 🙂 And it's wonderful that you can speak into others' lives in such a healing way and know that your gifts continue regardless of your sexuality. 🙂 Actually, from my own experiences, I've noticed that quite a few guys who have these types of sensitivities and giftings are often gay or bi so your sexuality no doubt helps the gifts to be there. 🙂 I haven't got any research to back this up and it would be interesting if some were done on this. Again from observation, there also tends to be a higher degree of LGBTI people than heterosexuals in the creative arts fields. I'm not sure if that means that those in our community are more artistic or intuitive or whether some of us just gravitate more to those fields than our heterosexual counterparts. But then I believe we gravitate to those areas that bring out a vital part of ourselves. And I suspect that something about our sexualities and personalities helps us access more of our creative and intuitive selves.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Just Dave

Joined in 2012
December 29, 2012, 11:56

Quote from Ann Maree on December 29, 2012, 9:33 am

Hi Dave

You said:

One of my Mottos for 2013 is this," I am not different, I am not strange, I am not abnormal, I am Me, I am UNIQUE. "

That's great, Dave. 🙂 Can I make a suggestion? When using affirmations or truths, they tend to be even more powerful when we positively declare who we are rather than who we are not. So instead of 'I am not abnormal', you could say 'I am completely normal' and instead of 'I am not strange', 'I am who I am meant to be' ……or put something else in your own words that strongly resonates with you..

Words are powerful and our unconscious selves do not understand the word 'not'. At a deeper level, we tend to grab onto the words 'different' and 'abnormal' instead which is precisely what you are moving away from. Does that make sense?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

I can see what you saying & I agree with you to a certain point. Everyone sees & interprets things differently. I have written my Motto or Creed my way because that's the way I am. If I was to change it & implement your choice of words into it then it becomes our Motto. I realise that is not what you are implying but like I just said " Everyone sees & interprets things differently. "

I have been told that I am all the things I am not, which is why I have worded it the way I have. You would've worded it differently & I can see the benefits in that, but that is from your perspective.

Somebody else will read it & interpret it their way & so forth. This is just one of the many things that makes us all Unique in our own way.

Cheers,

Dave

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 29, 2012, 22:35

Hi Dave

You said:

I can see what you saying & I agree with you to a certain point. Everyone sees & interprets things differently. I have written my Motto or Creed my way because that's the way I am. If I was to change it & implement your choice of words into it then it becomes our Motto. I realise that is not what you are implying but like I just said " Everyone sees & interprets things differently. " I have been told that I am all the things I am not, which is why I have worded it the way I have. You would've worded it differently & I can see the benefits in that, but that is from your perspective.

Yes I agree with you – it has to be in your words and in your way. And if I understand you correctly, you are referencing the things you are not and then refuting them. So you are acknowledging those and then showing movement away from them to who you in fact are. Is that right?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Just Dave

Joined in 2012
December 30, 2012, 01:14

That is correct 🙂

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.057 seconds.