Forums

NEW CHAPTER FOR BRISBANE BEGINS

Page: 1

Boi70

Joined in 2007
July 5, 2011, 21:58

After watching the Sydney and Melbourne groups successfully launched and providing a ‘safe place’ for people to meet, it is time for our own Brisbane Freedom 2 b[e] group to provide the same for the many GLBTI people from Christian backgrounds in Brisbane to meet together as well.

The Brisbane Leaders, Jason and Adam say that we need our own Brisbane group.

“There are just so many of us up here in Brisbane and in South East Queensland, and we are just so excited that Brisbane will have its own group”.

“Our special guest speaker, Paul Martin, is the Principal Psychologist of Centre for Human Potential whose experience and strong interests include both counselling and organizational consulting. He has over 20 years counselling experience. His passion for making a positive difference also extends to being interviewed for documentaries and speaking with politicians about mental health and sexual diversity issues.”

“With our first meeting on 12 August 2011 at 7pm, we will be holding regular monthly meetings on the 2nd Friday of every month”.

“After the meeting, we would love all those who would like to join us at Freestyle Tout at the Emporium, in Ann Street, Fortitude Valley”

“We will be meeting at Healthy Communities (formerly known as QAHC), at 30 Helen Street, Teneriffe”.

For more information, please contact Jason or Adam on [email protected]

Chris
Administrator
Joined in 2009
July 5, 2011, 22:13

Awesome to see this finally happening!

Liz

Joined in 2011
July 11, 2011, 21:32

I’m really looking forward to this 🙂 I’ve had a feeling of..’So, now what do I do?’ for a while now! Most of my friends are long term out, straight or bi with hetero partners, and I’ve had no idea how to make contact with other adults from similar backgrounds. I’m looking forward to meeting up with you all, I love how normal I get to feel on here, and look forward to feeling normal permanently one day!

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 12, 2011, 11:08

Hi seejaneburn

I am so thrilled this group is starting at last and glad you will be attending. Enjoy!! 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Roger

Joined in 2010
July 14, 2011, 19:27

Great!!…..I’m so pleased that a group is starting here!!… 🙂

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
July 22, 2011, 09:56

This is going to be so awesome, from what I hear there is going to be a good crowd there as well. It is so wonderful Brisbane now has a chapter and is starting with a bang. 😀 I am so proud of my son for being a co leader in the Brisbane chapter, I asked him the other night if 10 mths ago he imagined this would be happening, he said no. I know when he first came across F2B he felt so alone, and now wow he has so many new friends who understand and are there to support and love him. Good on you Brisbane, bring it on. 😀 I’m sure at some point we will call in one Friday night to meet all of you, we will be in NZ for the big launch, so can’t make it. Wishing you great success on the night and for the future.

God bless

grebo5454

Joined in 2010
July 23, 2011, 15:15

Hi Jason & Mr S

Woohoo to you both. Great to hear that you are almost up and running. Good luck on the 12th August. (I will be in Sydney that night for Sam’s birthday and my husband and I have been invited to the Sydney meeting in September. Not sure what we are going to be doing but I’m sure it will be great). Will be thinking of you and praying all goes well as I’m sure it will.

Bless you guys

Helen xx

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.083 seconds.