Forums

New here

Page: 1

charlietheunicorn

Joined in 2014
June 30, 2014, 20:29

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I just found this site (thanks Google)

From my very brief exploration of the site, I am of the impression there are big/active communities in Melbourne and Sydney?

I am 22, F (lesbian), from Brisbane, just wanting to connect with some people in the same boat as me, currently feeling very alone.

I mean, it's not just like I can stand up in the middle of my church and go hey, I like people of the same-sex, who else is the same? Cool let's start a small group (or something)

I am out to 3 people in my church, 1 being one of the pastors and she responded in love and acceptance but it will take a while until I would be comfortable being "out and proud"

Idk, I feel like I'm rambling.

Just wanted to say hey. This is me. Hope there's someone out there listening and whatnot

mrg

Joined in 2010
June 30, 2014, 22:52

Hi Charlietheunicorn!

Yep, there's plenty of people listening and whatnot…:)

Glad you found us. There is a chapter of Freedom2b in Brisbane, so keep an eye on the front page to see when they're next meeting.

You'll find lots of support on this site from people who have travelled or are travelling the same path, and from those that are supporters and allies.

So welcome to the party! It's good to have you here.

Matt

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 2, 2014, 05:33

Hi charlietheunicorn

Welcome to f2b! 🙂

Have a read through some of the stories and perhaps make contact by private message with the Brisbane chapter leaders. Mr Summit is one of the leaders who will make you feel welcome.

It's great to have you here.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
July 3, 2014, 10:33

Hello & welcome, hope u find the support you are looking for here & in Brisbane. I'm in country Victoria but pop in here sometimes. It sure is an interesting time being real with others in church what is going on for you. I'm slowly on that journey myself. Any questions? 😉

charlietheunicorn

Joined in 2014
July 6, 2014, 21:07

Thanks for the replies and the welcome, sorry I took a while to reply, I had some issues with logging in but it is (hopefully) all sorted now

Erika Ros

Joined in 2014
July 8, 2014, 07:24

Hi, I am new here as well. I am going to my first meeting this week, so good to have linked up with you all. I found out about the group through the Gay Christian network.

cheval319

Joined in 2014
July 8, 2014, 17:53

Great. Welcome!

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
August 4, 2014, 09:27

Hi Charlietheunicorn 🙂

A very warm welcome to freedom2b!

Michelle

outnproud

Joined in 2011
August 4, 2014, 11:52

Hi Charlietheunicorn,

You have made a very important step in contacting this forum. I know how hard it is to come out to others, especially in the church, and how important it is to know you have supportive people around you. And you will get that from freedom2b. I do hope you are able to attend the Brisbane chapter meeting as I am sure you will find others there who have been on this journey themselves. But also keep on using these forums- they put you in touch with people all over the country and there are also lots of great resources available for you to read.

Just always remember that you are a loved child of God and nothing can separate you from the love of God in Christ Jesus.

Bev

Tamid

Joined in 2014
August 8, 2014, 16:04

Echoing everything that's been said in this thread already.

Welcome! 🙂

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.09 seconds.