Hi there, my name is Michelle and I am leading the charge, along with an enthusiastic group of individuals who are calling on members of the community to get behind the launch of a new GLBTIQ creative art / support group for the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula area of Melbourne.
Our Mission Statement:
GLBTIQ Creative Art Connection is a not-for-profit initiative. We are an organisation that is specifically aimed at supporting our GLBTIQ Community. Our group provides support and encouragement to one-another which strengthens our support network in the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula areas. We provide a nurturing, non-judgemental and safe space for individuals to explore different forms of creative art.
Our Aims and Objectives
1. This group aims to establish, broaden and strengthen our support network in the GLBTIQ community in the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula Area of Melbourne.
2. No matter what stage of your journey you are at, you are always welcome to attend.
3. To provide meetings which are held once a month, with the option to conduct them once a fortnight, if the demand exists.
4. We as a group support all individuals that attend, whether they identify as Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex or Queer.
5. The basic core understanding of participating in our group consists of trust, mutual respect and maintaining individual’s privacy at all times.
6. At all times we, as individuals and as a group, protect the anonymity of each participant.
7. We work together in an environment free from criticisms or judgements towards individuals or their creative artwork.
8. Each individual will have the opportunity to contribute ideas towards the group.
9. Our aim is for individuals to gain confidence in themselves through their creative artworks.
10. We will provide a safe environment for individuals to explore their sexuality through their artwork.
If you feel that you or someone you know, could benefit from a support group on the peninsula, why not come along to our Official Launch
Date: Saturday 15th June 2013
Place: We are located at 16 Orwil Street, 'Orwil Street Community House' in Frankston.
RSVP: Monday 10th June 2013. (due to catering purposes).
There will be freshly baked goodies and tea and coffee provided.
Cost: a gold coin donation (minimum) which goes straight back into Orwil Street Community House for the hire cost of the 'safe space' they are so kindly providing us with.
If you would like to know more about our group please don't hesitate to email Michelle at:
You can also go to our Facebook page:
We are proudly supported by:
Freedom 2 b Melbourne, Joy 94.9 FM, Bent TV, Orwil Street Community House, Bisexual Alliance, Zoe Belle Gender Centre, Australian GLBTIQ Multicultural Council Inc, Pride March Victoria and the Rainbow Network.