Forums

New to freedom2b 🙂

Page:   1 2

Lockyergal

Joined in 2012
July 7, 2012, 10:18

Do not be discouraged Jesus loves you so much that he paid the penalty for all our sins

Let Him wrap his arms around you

My old preacher's wife lost her husband

One night she actually felt god wrap his arms around he. She said it was very physical experience

Since He is infinite and all powerful, He could do it for you.

I have screamed cried even used a few F words when praying

No lightning bolts just a wonderful sense of love and acceptance

J

Joined in 2012
July 7, 2012, 19:34

Hey Ash, and welcome 😛

I know what you mean when you say you're struggling with combining your sexuality with your religion. For ten years I had this very struggle until I came out to my parents and realized it's who I am and that if others (even my Christian relatives) don't understand it, they are judging and hating me, which is not what God wants us to do because he doesn't discriminate, he only loves. Don't feel wrong about how you feel, and trust me, your sexuality and religion can be combined. There are only a few churches that are truly accepting of all of God's children, but they are out there, and people's minds will change over time. Right now in today's society, people use the bible as a weapon rather than a guide, and they don't see the true message in that God loves ALL his children and that he does NOT preach hating others in the name of God.

This is a great place to get guidance as well – it has personally helped me get through a TON and I'm still finding out more and more about myself each and every day that I pray to God. He is making me whole (Insert Red – Pieces song here ;-))

Edit: Talking about discovering things about myself everyday… I just realized last night my favourite tv program when I was a young guy was "The Neverending Story", how appropriate at this time right? 😛 As I discover who I am. I also realized last night I recently purchased Red's album 'End of Silence', which, ironically, is what I did. I put an end to my silence. I was reading up on some bible passages last night and I realized God has given me grace in order to be who I am, and that is humble. When I came out to my parents I said it was quite a 'humbling' experience, so God has given me grace. To add onto this, I remember when my mum and dad first got these plaques with our names on them. You know what Jordan's said? Humble guardian. Everything is coming together and making sense now. I'm truly finding out the real me, and it's really quite exciting.

God bless and keep strong,

Jordan

wednesdays

Joined in 2012
July 8, 2012, 21:33

Hey Ash

I'm from Perth too and can definitely understand the difficulties you're having finding a church here that's accepting. I go to THE big church in Perth but am really not comfortable there because, although nobody has said anything to me, I know they're disapproving. I hope you let us know if you find somewhere you like.

Bernie

Ash

Joined in 2012
July 11, 2012, 13:32

Hey Bernie,

If you don't mind me asking, which Church / denomination are you a part of?

All good, if you would rather not say 🙂

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
July 11, 2012, 18:15

Hey, guys – you can use our Private Message (PM) system if you need to share something a bit more privately. However, remember that open sharing is best as much as possible as helps others who still may be coming to terms with things and are hesitant to post themselves just yet.

Ash

Joined in 2012
July 11, 2012, 18:42

Thanks 🙂 I didn't know there was personal messaging… now I do 🙂

wednesdays

Joined in 2012
July 15, 2012, 18:43

Hey Ash, Sorry for the delay in replying. I've been working away… I don't mind saying. I go to Riverview.

Ash

Joined in 2012
July 16, 2012, 11:55

Thought it might be that one… never been there, but heard stories.

Haven't checked out the ones that were recommended to me yet, but will hopefully get the courage soon :).

RAAF BLOKE

Joined in 2010
July 20, 2012, 00:22

Hi Ash, welcome to F2B. I am also from Perth. Hope to see you in October!

outnproud

Joined in 2011
July 30, 2012, 17:52

Hi Ash,

Thanks for sharing with us. Sorry to hear about the struggle you are having with your family and church about your sexuality and relationship. Finding a loving relationship is fantastic but such a pity to have to deal with all the negativity from others.

If it helps to talk to someone I too am in Perth- been an out lesbian for years and managed to find a church that accepts me.

Freedom2b is starting a Perth Chapter on October 5th, 7 pm in the Community Room behind the screen in the Northbridge Piazza. Michele, national President will be there to launch the new chapter. You would be very welcome and can meet others in Perth who share your journey.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.