Forums

Newcastle Pastor

Page: 1

lchatwin

Joined in 2008
December 8, 2008, 13:21

Hi,

I am a 40 year old ordained Baptist minister living in Newcastle. I currently drive a taxi and have started a spiritual discussion group in a gay bar in Newcastle.

I would like to plant a grace-based, inclusive church that is pentecostal/charismatic in orientation. If anyone is interested or knows people who would be interested in such a project please let me know.

A close friend came out as a lesbian at the end of 2004 and caused me to reevaluate the conservative theology of my college training.

I have since come to an accomodating, affirming position on the question of same-sex relationships and Christians.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
December 8, 2008, 13:29

Just adding a welcome here, too, Les.

Glad to know that you’re out there.

lchatwin

Joined in 2008
December 8, 2008, 14:10

Thanks.

You, and anyone else, can read my story and unfolding journey at http://lchatwin.blogspot.com

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
December 8, 2008, 15:02

Hi Les awesome to have you on the forum and fantastic to hear you have a vision for an inclusive congregation, we are such need in that arena.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 8, 2008, 23:14

yes welcome here too as welll…….but dont feel limited to this area……its here for some discussions and support for those who are supportive and wanting to see changes……but are not gay.

miss_t

Joined in 2006
May 2, 2009, 17:37

hi les. would be interested how the church is going?

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.029 seconds.