Forums

Nigeria: Stop the "Jail the Gays" bill

Page: 1

J

Joined in 2012
November 16, 2012, 22:13

Hey all, I saw this on allout.org, and I thought this Bill was absolutely barbaric. Nigeria wants to pass a law that will jail any homosexual for up to 10 years – and if you get married, 14 years. It's unbelievable, and it would be like going backwards in history, not forwards. Please let anyone and everyone you know about this and sign the petition to stop this Bill from passing into law.

http://www.allout.org/en/actions/nigeria-veto

Thanks all,

Jordan

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 16, 2012, 22:24

Hi Jordan

Thanks for posting. I've signed.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

J

Joined in 2012
November 17, 2012, 10:58

Thanks Ann!

Great news everyone, overnight, Allout.org have had an increase of 32,000+ votes for this petition to veto the anti-gay bill. I'm going to send a few more emails today, and most likely some government leaders – already sent David Cameron one last night, I will probably send one to John Key and Jullia Gillard today.

Thanks again <3

Edit: Emails have been sent to John Key, Julia Gillard, Nelson Mandela, TVNZ and 3 news just now. I basically used this platform:

Dear ________,

I just signed a petition calling on Nigeria's President to veto a horrific bill that would jail gay and lesbian people for up to 14 years – just for being gay. I feel the bill the Nigerian President is trying to push through will effect many LGBT people around the world in the most negative way and it shouldn't be a criminal offense just for being gay. This new law would make it crime not only to be gay but also to know and support a person who is gay or lesbian. Activists in Nigeria have asked for help to stop the bill.

If the Nigerian President knows we're all watching, he will need to respond. With a media firestorm and a petition of 100,000 signatures from around the world – he'll have to veto. Will you sign with me now?

http://www.allout.org/nigeria-veto

Many thanks for reading this issue ________,

Jordan

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.