Forums

NZ Quake Blamed on Gays !!

Page: 1

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
February 24, 2011, 15:30

A report on the Christchurch daily paper website (but attributed to the SMH – they are both Fairfax companies) says a US website ” claims Christchurch’s devastating earthquake was an act of God triggered by the tolerance of homosexual behaviour in the city“.

Go to: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-earthquake/4699592/Website-blames-Christchurch-quake-on-gay-community

Being a regular visitor to beautiful Christchurch, I can vouch that Christchurch, and indeed NZ, does have a small but friendly gay community. But their behaviour is nothing outrageous by our standards.

Should we ask Peter Madden if he endorces the website ! ?

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 24, 2011, 16:26

Hi forestgrey

It’s that old primitive mindset to blame natural disasters on others and their supposed sin. It reflects a level of immaturity and superstition in those who make such claims and has nothing to do with the LGBT community.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
February 24, 2011, 20:04

Hm, the page can no longer be found when I went to look. It must have been deleted?

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
February 24, 2011, 20:52

Well, ofcourse! Our black magic extends beyond looking good and dancing well… /jk

I recently had someone inform me that hurricane katrina hit New Orleans to stop a pride parade. And we all know Pat Robertson’s comments about 9/11. These people are nutters. We don’t need to worry about them.

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
February 25, 2011, 12:04

Mmm .. .. .. don’t know why it has gone off the previous site. I have found it also on the SMH site :

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/despicable-website-blames-christchurch-quake-on-gay-community-20110224-1b68y.html

RaulG

Joined in 2010
February 25, 2011, 12:25

Querido Familia,

Right. Blame God for this one, huh? It’s not like it’s a simple product of tectonic plate shifting which has supported life and growth, and unfortunately humans tend to be in the wrong place and the wrong time.

Noooo…let’s blame God. The Great IAM. The Creator of Heaven and Earth. The one who made all humans, gay and straight and called them ‘good’. Yeah, let’s totally blame God and claim that he did it because of a warped interpretation of Scripture that has nothing to do with the original intent of the Word.

I think my sarcasm machine broke on that one.

Yours in Christ,

Raul

steveo

Joined in 2010
February 27, 2011, 11:38

Hey, As someone living in Christchurch amongst the devastation, I just want to pass on my thanks to all you Aussie’s for the amazing help Australia is providing us – patrolling our streets, Urban SAR, Field Hospital etc. Its humbling how people care and to feel the love. Cheers

Boi70

Joined in 2007
February 27, 2011, 15:35

I suppose even after all is said and done with regard to the friendly competitive streak between us in Rugby League / Union games and Cricket, we have a “legacy” of standing by each other, through the tuff stuff, like the Brisbane Floods and now the Christchurch earthquake… We feel your pain! And we reach out across the Tasman!

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
March 1, 2011, 01:04

At the end of the day, sporting rivalries aside, Australia and NZ have always stood shoulder to shoulder when the going got tough, be it war, or natural disaster or whatever else. We have a brotherhood that is only strengthened by the friendly competition on the sporting grounds, imo.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.09 seconds.