Forums

One year on

Page: 1

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
October 3, 2011, 22:23

Hi Guys,

So I noticed that it was one year ago today that I discovered Freedom 2 Be and signed up to the online forums.

It’s been a long year! Back then I was still in the closet, didn’t know anyone else like me, and was pretty uncertain of where life was going to go. Now I am totally confident with who I am, free to me myself, and enjoying the privilege of helping to set up the Brisbane chapter.

I never thought before this year that I would march in Mardi Gras, be mentioned in the gay press, or have such great friends all over the country.

So I just thought I’d say thank you all. You’re a great bunch. The future wasn’t so scary after all. 🙂

Chris
Administrator
Joined in 2009
October 3, 2011, 22:27

And I think that’s awesome.

Partly because you’re an invaluable member of the team, but also partly because you share my paranoia about raptors.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 3, 2011, 22:53

Hi Mr Summit

Wow! It’s hard to believe you’ve done all that in only a year. Amazing. 🙂

I agree with Chris that you are certainly an invaluable member of our team. And apart from that, you’re a kind, caring person who offers really considered contributions and stands by your convictions. That takes great courage and maturity. And we’re lucky to have you amongst us. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
October 4, 2011, 09:31

You forgot to mention the great support and love from your parents :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Seriously, you have certainly achieved a lot in the last 12 mths, I also know that coming out has changed your life for the better. We are so proud of you, as mentioned you stand up for your convictions, your leadership in helping getting the Brisbane chapter up and running and for the young man you are. We are very proud parents. And hey we never thought you would march in the Mardi Gras either 😀 never say never hey 🙂

Also in the last 12 mths Mr Summit has also been a part of the Brisbane mud army, his contributions and help to society don’t stop at F2B. He is quick to help his friends, family and other’s he sees in need.

Oh what an angel 0:) , Boy could I tell you all some stories 😉

Thanks everyone at F2B for the support, love and encouragement you have given Mr Summit over the last 12 mths, especially in the earlier months when he worked through his own issues and we weren’t aware of them and able to give him our support through those times.

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
October 4, 2011, 21:30

Shucks guys. Now you’re embarrassing me… :shy:

I really do mean what I said about appreciating you all.

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
October 4, 2011, 22:50

Mr Summit,

Wow! Really only 1year! What an amazing journey you’ve had. We do really appreciate all you have been involved with and for your dedication to launching Brisbane. We do indeed have some truly fantastic and dedicated people in f2b and by working together we will see more great things happening! 🙂

Warm regards

Michelle

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 4, 2011, 23:18

amazing what a difference 12 months can make….when you are mixing in the right circles.

You have come a long way in a short time.

Imagine if I had said to you that in the next 12 months you will be out to all your family and friends, marched in Mardi Gras, and be running a Freedom 2 b[e] chapter in Brisbane……….

you would have said

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
October 5, 2011, 17:45

Brilliant, Mr S. You’re an inspiration. And you are now helping to save lives .. .. .. from misery, confusion and worse.

Craig_Maynard

Joined in 2007
November 23, 2011, 07:41

🙂 Hi Mr Summitt, I can relate to what you are saying… I could say the same about myself in that I feel complete and my life changed for better when I joined F2B – its the wonderful people that I have come across and corresponded, the open disucussion and working through issues that enabled us to see what it is all about.

This site is a blessing beyond words or expressions. Who would have thought eh?! I attribute to everyone in F2B and a big thank you!!!

Keep smiling and keep going!

Craig.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
November 25, 2011, 21:09

Hey mate,

I salute you for your dedication in stepping up to the job with the Brisbane freedom2b[e] Chapter. Well done!

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.067 seconds.