Forums

Picking up on the signals.

Page:   1 2 3

JR

Joined in 2008
November 22, 2009, 23:58

I think this could be my favourite thread.

C’mon Shane, its been two weeks already! You know what to do. Deep breath, find your cool, then threaten him with a full body search if he doesn’t produce sufficient I.D.

Just kidding. But seriously – you’re a lion, take what’s yours. And keep us posted so we can all live vicariously through you for the week 🙂

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
November 24, 2009, 22:45

Yes, I agree! 😀 I want to know what happens next!

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
June 2, 2010, 21:21

I’m probably going to get into trouble for resurrecting this thread :p

It’s an interesting thing … non-verbal communication … ever since moving into the inner city, I’ve noticed the odd look and eye contact from some of the guys 😉

Do the girls notice the same thing? How important is non-verbal communication in gay relationships?

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
June 2, 2010, 22:55

Hi Pierre

Women are very good at reading non verbal cues, especially subtle ones, perhaps moreso than some men. I know – I’m generalising. Sorry about that.

Ok so I’ll speak for myself now. Non verbal cues are extremely important in any relationship…. but then I would say that since I work as a Mental Health Nurse counselling people, and so deal with this stuff all day, every day on a professional basis. Depending on what study you read, non verbal cues make up for anything from 75-95% of communication! And the way things are said within a certain context, in terms of tone, intent, motive, language etc can mean more than the actual content.

p3375

Joined in 2010
June 4, 2010, 10:56

I notice the eyes mostly.

Where another woman’s eyes go, where they linger, and then where they travel to. Also, lips sometimes just a little curl, and maybe a little flare of the nostrils. But mostly it’s the eyes. A friend pointed these things out to me when I was in college. Once I noticed, started recognising important clues.

Pat

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.048 seconds.