Forums

"Pray the Gay Away?" documentary on the Oprah Winfrey Network

Page: 1

Cornelius

Joined in 2006
March 12, 2011, 23:27

Part 1: Pray the Gay Away?

“Through intimate portraits and perspectives, Lisa Ling takes a look at one of the most polarizing debates in Christianity today: Is it possible to be gay and Christian at the same time?”

http://www.oprah.com/own-our-america-lisa-ling/Our-America-with-Lisa-Ling-Pray-the-Gay-Away-FULL-EPISODE

Part 2: Pray the Gay Away? The Conversation Continues…

“In controversial Our America episode, “Pray the Gay Away?”, Lisa Ling explores both sides of a polarizing debate: can you be gay and Christian at the same time? Immediately following the show, Lisa was joined by special guests, community leaders, and viewer calls and comments for Pray the Gay Away? The Conversation Continues…, a live, on-air discussion hosted by Gayle King.”

http://www.oprah.com/own-our-america-lisa-ling/Pray-the-Gay-Away-The-Conversation-Continues-FULL-EPISODE

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
March 13, 2011, 18:21

Cornelius – thanks for posting this link. I guess it all helps to break down barriers and reduce ignorance. Lisa is probably a bit soft on Exodus, but I guess her show is targetting a generalist audience. God bless!

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
August 1, 2011, 13:02

Hi all, this episode is finally on Youtube in 3 parts.

Part 1 of 3

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
August 1, 2011, 13:04

Part 2 of 3

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
August 1, 2011, 13:05

Part 3 of 3

August 1, 2011, 16:04

Just watched Part One…how very very sad šŸ™ …..Thanks for posting these šŸ™‚

steveo

Joined in 2010
August 4, 2011, 20:34

I really enjoyed watching these clips, especially the closing line when Alan Chambers states that he ā€œbelieves that active gay Christians will join him in Heaven, because God has their heartsā€ (not sure if that was some or all of us?) Anyway ā€¦ Wow, Exodus has come a long way. While I donā€™t believe in their reparative therapy methods (didnā€™t work for me) I do acknowledge the humility of his comment. When I read online here at f2b about some mainstream charismatic churches becoming less dogmatic in their response to gays in their churches, and as I heard this last comment from Exodus, its as if the ice is beginning to crack. Or am I just naive šŸ™‚

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 4, 2011, 21:18

Thanks Ben.

Part 3 was very moving. I was especially touched by the courage of the prom queen.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

JKH

Joined in 2009
September 8, 2011, 00:31

Exceptionally well done documentary, especially Part 3. Every person will have their own faith and sexuality, but never commit a journey that will hurt yourself or others.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.038 seconds.