Forums

Prayers for Bobby Movie in Sydney.

Page:   1 2

JR

Joined in 2008
June 11, 2009, 22:56

Thanks Mags – gosh it was a real blessing to meet you 🙂 You’re such a sweetie! Only a quick chat sadly but I was on cloud 9 for days after 😀

I have to admit I was a bit sceptical of the film before I came.. I hate endorphine killers almost as much as I hate anything cheesy. But it wasn’t either of those and I really really loved it. In fact I’m still thinking about it. I was dry-eyed too, until right at the critical emotional climax my mom actually messaged me and without knowing where I was etc, told me she loved me and missed me (I’d been away for 2 days…) I was a mess after that 🙂 All apparent similarity between her and Sigourney was suddenly unimportant 🙂

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
June 13, 2009, 19:41

Youre the sweety 😉

Amazing how timely some things are re: your mum 😀

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 13, 2009, 21:30

sounds like a god moment JR

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
June 14, 2009, 11:19

On a post-reflective note … the diary … if Grandma hadn’t rejected it as a present Bobby may not have been inclined to write down his thoughts … maybe this is saying something to me … I’ve never been one for the “dear diary” routine 🙄 … ever … the power of the written word … that’s when the tears came to my eyes when Mary Griffith started reading the diary … revealing one’s most intimate thoughts … the emotional battle going on in Bobby’s mind … the desire to please a human mother … and a supernatural provider … perhaps only now do I understand …

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 14, 2009, 14:55

Journalling can be a wonderful way to collect our thoughts and think reflectively mobileguy…..and amazing the clarity that comes through some time.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.051 seconds.