Forums

Punk band in Russia sentenced to 2 years imprisonment for musical protest

Page: 1

J

Joined in 2012
August 22, 2012, 05:43

Published August 17th: In Moscow, Pride marches have just been banned for 100 years. Anti-gay activists are using the Russian government's gay gag laws to sue Madonna for $10,000,000 because she spoke up for the LGBT community. And punk band Pussy Riot has been sentenced to 2 years in prison for their musical protest – deemed "homosexual propaganda."

~Allout.org"

Below is the Allout..org site if you would like to give your support in freeing these innocent people:

http://www.allout.org/en/actions/russianriot

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 22, 2012, 08:00

Thanks Jordan. I didn't know this sort of gagging against homosexuality was going on in Russia. 🙁

Blessings,

Ann Maree

J

Joined in 2012
August 22, 2012, 14:09

Hey Ann

I didn't know this went on either 🙁 I heard about it all on the NZ news about Madonna being fined $10M. I don't know how Putin can justify that amount of money for something Madonna was only making a public statement of freedom about – it's not like she vandalised property or anything. It's insane!

I've been watching the number of votes in support of freeing the three singers the whole day too, everytime I refreshed the page it went up by 1-6 votes, so the injustice in this particular case is definitely spreading like wildfire. There are also numerous celebrities getting in on it all too so that helps!

I think we're slowly coming into an age/era where people are standing up more and more for gay rights. I have never seen so many celebrities stand up for the LGBT community until recently – I would say this year everyone's getting in on the bandwagon of equality and justice. People's minds are changing and word is getting out!

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 22, 2012, 17:19

Hi Jordan

I signed the petition and have emailed friends and posted on facebook. I encourage others to do the same.

Kind Regards,

Ann Maree

J

Joined in 2012
August 22, 2012, 19:38

Thanks Ann!!! <3

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 23, 2012, 15:55

Gay Pride Events banned for 100 years!!

http://global.christianpost.com/news/moscow-bans-gay-pride-events-for-the-next-100-years-80198/

Posted by Brunski and moved from another thread.

J

Joined in 2012
August 23, 2012, 19:17

In relation to the article posted by Brunski above, I really didn't like reading this part in particular:

The city of St. Petersburg has also called for a ban on spreading "homosexual propaganda" in the nation, which religious leaders claim is convincing young people that a homosexual lifestyle is acceptable.

Implying homosexuality is wrong? How would religious leaders feel if I asked them "likewise, why are you convincing young people that following an ignorant and intolerant lifestyle full of discrimination, segregation and hypocrisy is acceptable?"

*zips lips* no Jordan, don't go there… *holds self back from letting them have it*

Thanks for sharing that article Brunski! 😛

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.035 seconds.