Forums

Purpose of organ and pleasure of the flesh

Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 8, 2009, 15:55

not so much suspicion…….just lacking background…..which helps people understand or of your interest in the topic I guess.

Bit like a strange coming up to you and asking a personal question…….something that wouldn’t worry you if it was a friend. 😀

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
August 9, 2009, 11:19

Mobileguy if you think my enquiry is gender specific you are welcome to remove this discussion. Perhaps it is inappropriate issue to rustle with in this group.

No, just that sometimes what we guys discuss amongst ourselves about sex may not be suitable for women on the forum and vica versa. We also have a lot of questioning and vulnerable people who, as Anthony has mentioned, may feel awkward and/or uncomfortable with discussing sexuality … thanks for sharing a bit more of your journey with us.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
August 9, 2009, 23:53

Hmm okay I see an issue emerging here. Maybe the admin can give me a concrete answer.

If there are vunerable and questioning people here who are not comfortable discussing sexuality as blatantly as we just were (or at all) then wouldn’t it make sense for said people to simply ignore the thread? Hence leaving space for those of us who are comfortable with it to explore, debate and converse. I think the point of the thread and the fact that it contained sexual content was obvious from the title and if not, it certainly was after one read the first sentence. Do we need to go elsewhere to talk about these things?

I’m just wondering because this isn’t the first time this has happened and I totally understand the need to make the forum a safe place. However, people have the option of reading and/or partaking in certain threads or not. It seems a shame to shut down conversation that for others is very illuminating.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 10, 2009, 00:08

all go ahead Sandy…..as you know for being on the forum….from the beginning almost…..this stuff rarely gets talked about if ever. We are adults.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
August 10, 2009, 18:53

OK thanks, I’ll file that information away.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
August 11, 2009, 21:08

well i agree with you on the issue that we should be able to talk about such topics (male and female)

considering i have lost some faith that the bible is the word of god – i hope i do not offend anyone with the following

if god did indeed create the human body – i do think/believe he has – if people can receive pleasure from certain sexual acts then i do not see that it is wrong – after one book of the bible (on one level of looking at it) is about sex between a man and a woman

as far as morality, how should we look at it? should we consider what the bible says on such issues in relation to cultural setting and the time in history????

after all, few churches now insist women still wear hats to church?????

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 11, 2009, 23:37

you mean cover thier heads ooooo.

yes……i do think people make all sorts of statements about what it right and wrong about sex with little or no under understanding of human anatomy.

I think its pretty obvious that sex is for much more than procreation. it can be the most intimate and beautiful experience two human beings can experience together…gay or straight. I dont think that is possible without love.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
August 12, 2009, 06:52

sorry yes i meant cover their heads

i have relatives that attend such churches and they just always wear hats or scarves

i think there are many things in the bible that if we sat back and thought about it they are very culturally based scenarios/actual events

JYONG

Joined in 2009
August 13, 2009, 15:31

as far as morality, how should we look at it? should we consider what the bible says on such issues in relation to cultural setting and the time in history????

You have a very good point there… the narrator of the texts are writing/speaking in relations to it owned cultural setting but by no mean it is not relevant to us. Also bear in mind the word used in Hebrew or Greek are not clear, some of the most conservative scholar will agree. I also agree that on many issues people just ‘pluck’ what they want and use it to justified their position…

Yes……i do think people make all sorts of statements about what it right and wrong about sex with little or no under understanding of human anatomy.

I think its pretty obvious that sex is for much more than procreation. it can be the most intimate and beautiful experience two human beings can experience together…gay or straight. I don’t think that is possible without love.

The problem of pleasure of the flesh and the purpose of sex for procreation we inherited from Augustine. He wrote with very limited observation of natural science. Emerging modern/postmodern scientific evidents of sexual behaviours cannot be ignore in reading the text. This doesn’t mean that we chuck what we don’t want to hear or we are justifying our owned behaviours.

Those who still argue that sex is only for procreation must take into account that not all sexual activity (heterosexual) resulted in pregnancy. If the argument that sex is only for procreation are no longer tangible then we ought to understand the physiology of our body, the phycological need and the contribution of our sexual act toward our health, This by no means condone immoral behaviours.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.066 seconds.