Page:   1 2 3

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 9, 2009, 09:20

good point

Sandy

Joined in 2007
October 11, 2009, 21:24

Hmm I’ve had people yell at me too, but then I used to do silly things like make out with girls out the front of nursing homes and stuff just to rile all the older folk 😆 😆 😆 I think gay men get a lot more abuse than the women though, from my experience. It’s much more socially acceptable to be a lesbain even today.

One of my triggers is when people consistantly aren’t punctual. It’s sooooo rude.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 12, 2009, 00:42

I’m with you on the punctuality thing Sandy…..nice to hear from you BTW/

i think the trigger thing discussion was actually about the sexuality/christianity thing though 😆 😆 😆

Sandy

Joined in 2007
October 12, 2009, 01:01

i think the trigger thing discussion was actually about the sexuality/christianity thing though

Oh…yes well I guess that makes sense 😆 😆 I don’t think I have anything that is a consistant trigger in that regard. Somethings I handle better than others depending on what has happened that week or my own level of self-insight but nothing that consistantly gets me riled all the time. Though people that know me well (or at all) probably have a different take 😆 😆

nice to hear from you BTW

thanks 😀 I tend only to pop in when something takes my fancy. Time is a luxury these days.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
October 12, 2009, 07:49

well i handled a trigger quite well last night i think …..

iwent to church with meg

and the preacher, a woman, in the middle of her message, dogged (amongst other things) homosexuals,

once upon a time, i would have gotten up and walked out never to be seen in there again, but i stayed and listened to the rest of it ,

mind you, it helped that earlier in the week, i was in one of my many ‘god times’ and had a snippet of sunday night,

i knew i had to have prayer and go up the front at the end (you know, the traditional pentecostal response to a message)

and sure enough, although it did not come with the outward punch as in my little vision, i did receive, almost verbatim, the ‘word’ as in the vision, and was a tad moving, shocking and more moving lol

and meg ….. well she was sitting in the pew, and i will let her tell the rest of the story

it is all your fault meg lol

so i am glad i overcame my trigger and stayed

i realised some years back, but i guess with pride etc i have not practiced what i had learnt, that a preacher or anyone for that matter can say one or two things wrong, cos they are speaking out of themselves (the flesh)and not from the inspiration of god (being led by the ‘spirit’) but the rest of what they are saying could very well be ‘spirit’ led…… hence i stayed

and i am glad i did.

Will i attend that church now? Not likely, but there are other reasons for that.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 12, 2009, 11:51

always good to know we are making progress Tez and not allowing others power over us……because in essence that is what happens when someone else triggers us off dont they.

when it is like water off a ducks back….does that show we have found peace and are totally resloved I wonder?

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
October 12, 2009, 14:03

Poor Tez,

I think I really dropped him in the deep end. 😆 But I did admire him for staying. Tez, if you’d said you wanted to go after what the lady said in her message, I would have been out of there with you so fast!

I did feel a twinge of annoyance and that’s the second ‘strike’ against that church for me as homosexuals were mentioned in last weeks sermon in a mildly derogative tone as well… *sigh*

So Tez went out on the altar call (something I don’t feel that I can do just yet) and I stayed in my seat and prayed quietly, I felt that a certain person amongst those praying for the respondents should be the one to pray for Tez and I kept saying “It’s him, it has to be him!” So I was pleased when that’s exactly what did happen…

I joined in, from my seat, praying for Tez (and I will admit, for his protection, too) and then I realized I was crying! Why? Because I was praying in tongues which I had not done in such a long time…

I’m sorry if those here don’t ‘believe in, or trust’ those things, I don’t want to come off sounding all ‘religious’ or ‘special’ but it was a special, sweet time and I felt good for having been there.

I know, and understand Tez’s reasons for not wanting to attend that church, and based on some things observed last night, that I won’t go into here, I am still seriously considering whether or not I will continue to go too.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
October 13, 2009, 07:14

was all good Meg

i responded on the altar call cos of the vision i had earlier in the week

and as you pointed out the right person prayed for me as it turns out

this experience heightened a view i have however …..

and it was a comment i made after we left the church…..

so many churches are stuck in yester year

in so many ways

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.057 seconds.