Forums

Researching the stories of LGBTI individuals in Pentecostal-Charismatic churches

Page: 1

Mark Jennings

Joined in 2015
November 24, 2015, 14:05

Hello to all at freedom2b,

My name is Mark Jennings, I am an academic working in Religious Studies at Murdoch University in Western Australia.

I am currently researching the experiences of LGBTI individuals who have attended – or currently attend – Pentecostal-Charismatic churches in Australia.

Some of the questions I seek to find answers to in this research include:

1. What are some of the unique challenges faced by LGBTI congregation members in PCC churches, and how do they negotiate these challenges?

2. What might be the factors that lead LGBTI people – both closeted or out – to continue attending PCC congregations, rather than becoming members of other denominations or ceasing to attend churches altogether?

3. How do PCC church leaders respond theologically and pastorally to LGBTI issues and individuals, whether they are aware of any who attend their congregations or not?

If you are interested in participating in an interview, or know someone who might be, you can find out more about the research (including my contact details) at the link below. All interviews are strictly confidential and anonymous.

http://www.murdoch.edu.au/School-of-Arts/Research/Grants-and-projects/Two-Different-Worlds-Research-Project/

You can also find out some more about me by visiting my research profile at the link below:

http://profiles.murdoch.edu.au/myprofile/mark-jennings/

Thanks for your time.

Mark

Sophia Chokhmah

Joined in 2011
January 11, 2016, 14:22

I have no idea of course what sort of response you have had…try posting on Facebook? Just an idea 🙂 Or if you have already, what is the page? Thanks 🙂

Mark Jennings

Joined in 2015
January 12, 2016, 11:13

Hi Sophia,

I have posted to my own Facebook wall, and some of my friends and colleagues have spread the word for me.

Are you suggesting posting to the freedom2b Facebook page? That is a good idea, I will have to chat to the admins about it.

Respondents are appearing, sometimes quite rapidly and sometimes less so.

Thanks

Mark

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.019 seconds.