Forums

Same Sex Attraction Explanation

Page:   1 2

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 18, 2010, 18:45

hehe I love saying: “Anyway enough about me and my intimate details… How’s your marriage/relationship bed going?!!” :p 🙂 🙂 (all with a sweet smile of course)

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 18, 2010, 19:47

😀 😀 😀 😉 sounds like you’ve had practice.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 18, 2010, 19:51

hehe My, my, that could be interpreted in a few ways, avb. 😉 🙂 🙂 😀

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 18, 2010, 20:03

I had to go back and read what I said…..what does that say about me… 0:)

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 18, 2010, 21:02

The fact that you had to go back and remind yourself? Oh just human – I have to do that too. We’re all multi tasking so much, it’s no surprise. Or did you mean, the comment itself? Well I guess you’re a complex and interesting person, avb. 🙂

Rabid Womble

Joined in 2010
January 19, 2010, 13:47

It is interesting how he uses the old ‘thorn in the side’ reference. Before I started to live as a gay man, but as I approached accepting it, I remember a period in my life when I have never been closer to God. It was such an intimate experience that I find myself missing that element of that period in my life.

Alas, it was, generally, highly dysfunctional as the only way I could fall asleep at night would be to have drunk a bottle of wine or to cry myself to sleep. The loneliness and sense of broad social condemnation (which did not actually happen – with the exception of my Xian family!) was so intense that the only recourse I had was to God.

A friend had said ‘the gays’ tend to be drawn to the Church because it promises a love and relationship that cannot be reciprocated in this world/lifetime. I’d felt myself ‘slipping’ away, in a sense, and could have imagined that, in another age, I would have found a reasonable life in a monastery (with the other gay guys, no doubt!)

Education, awareness and opportunity reduced that experience to a limited period in my life. However, whenever people talk about the ‘thorn’ argument, I wonder how they would cope with something similar. Ignorance is poor earth for wisdom to grow.

Rabid Womble

Joined in 2010
January 19, 2010, 14:20

Oddly enough, that period of intense spiritual communion was followed swiftly by my meeting and falling in love with the man of my dreams. At least he would have been had I dared to dream the dreams of God’s intent rather than social expectations.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 19, 2010, 15:00

Oddly enough, that period of intense spiritual communion was followed swiftly by my meeting and falling in love with the man of my dreams. At least he would have been had I dared to dream the dreams of God’s intent rather than social expectations.

love that Mr Womble

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.051 seconds.