Forums

Same Sex Marriage Baguio Philippines

Page: 1

azza81

Joined in 2010
April 10, 2012, 13:12

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/regions/06/26/11/same-sex-marriage-baguio-draws-criticisms

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
April 10, 2012, 21:59

I can understand the criticisms from some churches.

BUT, I was horrified at this claim in the article: "The group claimed that 104 LGBTs have been killed from January to June of this year". In the beautiful Philppines??!! Haven't seen any reports of this in Australian gay media. Despite some hardships here, we have it easy compared to our LGBTI brothers and sisters in some countries.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 11, 2012, 20:14

Yes our country might be backward in not allowing same sex marriage but at least we don't face the hardships that others face around the world, like those who are executed or tortured for their sexuality. 🙁

azza81

Joined in 2010
April 11, 2012, 20:18

Hi Ann Maree

I am glad my parents migrated to Australia in 1987. I feel blessed having grown up in Oz although we may still be backward in a lot of ways at least I dont have the fear coming to work being bullied or verbally harrassed. I f I were to be in Manila which not long ago I was my friend and I got so much verbal abuse in the gay district of malate. Even in my own birthplace I still experienced homophobia

Aaron

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 11, 2012, 20:21

Hi Aaron

Wow! Fancy getting verbal abuse even in the gay district of Malate. That's really scary and sad.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.