Forums

Scriptures on passing judgement on others

Page: 1

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 7, 2011, 13:11

Hi all

I’m trying to recall a great scripture from the New Testament that Anthony Venn-Brown posted some years ago… I can’t remember which one it was and he can’t recall either. Anthony suggested I post here in the hope that some of our bible reading folk might make some suggestions.

It was something about the wrath of God being due for those who made life difficult for others and judged them or gave wrong teachings. I wish I could remember more detail but can’t. I know there’s that one in Romans as follows:

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? 4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realising that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

(Rom 2:1-4)

However I don’t think it was that one.. I’d love to hear your suggestions.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
October 7, 2011, 16:44

Ann Maree – G’day! If you search oneof the online bibles, you might find what you are looking for.

For example,google: “wrath of god” site:biblegateway.com

All the best – d

sarab

Joined in 2011
October 7, 2011, 17:08

I can think of Matthew 7:1-5 – not quite what you were after – but says:

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

How can you say to your brother ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye”.

Cheers

Sarab

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 7, 2011, 17:25

Hi sarab

Yeah that’s a good one too. But it’s not it the one I was after so I’m still looking…

Let me know if you find any others.

Thanks,

Ann Maree

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.03 seconds.