Forums

South East Queensland - Casual Weekend (15 - 17 April)

Page: 1

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
January 20, 2011, 23:08

Well, us gay Christian guys up in Queensland are proving pretty self-organising and a group of friends are planning a casual weekend in and around Caboolture / Sunny Coast (floods permitting, lol) on the 15-17th of April. Which is the weekend before Easter.

There is the possibility of staying with people in the area, or there are several motels around. Anyone can join us for all or part of the weekend.

We will be doing fun things like mountain climbs and rainforest walks, as well as some less physically-demanding activities 🙂 Sitting around talking, eating, and general fellowship for example.

The main place where this is being co-ordinated is at GCN, here. It’s a private forum though so you need to sign up and say you are from Australia. To save you the bother you can PM me and I’ll try and keep you in the loop.

It’ll be a great weekend. 🙂

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 22, 2011, 12:30

Sounds like fun! Not sure if I will be able to join you, but as a Sunny Coast local, can I just say PLEASE Stay OFF Mt Tibrogargon and Timbeerwah if the weather is wet. We’re so over the sound of rescue choppers dragging idio–er people off the top of those mountains when they climb them and get stranded by wet weather. :bigsmile: 😀

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
January 22, 2011, 14:50

I’m camped on top of Mt Tibro 3 times. I know. It’s quite illegal. Naughty me. Carrying heavy packs up a cliff face aint easy. :bigsmile:

It would be great if we could catch up, even if it is just for a short while.

Boi70

Joined in 2007
January 22, 2011, 16:49

Hi Mr Summit

Count me in. :bigsmile:

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 22, 2011, 17:00

Got no problem with people camping up there. It’s when they get up there and cry for help because they can’t get down again…that’s what annoys us, and the SES. |( 😀 :bigsmile:

I will come and meet up at a coffee shop or something, no worries. LOL climbing a mountain? Not so much. I find climbing out of bed enough of a challenge, most days with these hips o’ mine. :Sp

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
January 29, 2011, 03:04

ok guys. I’ll keep you posted as more info comes in. 🙂

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
March 31, 2011, 22:41

It’s coming up soon! :bigsmile:

The basic plan:

Friday – arrive after work, dinner

Saturday – Glasshouse mountains walk (suitable for all fitness levels), drive to Maleny for rainforest walk, dinner at Thai restaurant

Sunday – group discussion after breakfast, start heading home after lunch.

No cost for anything, of course, except the dinner on Saturday night.

We are being billeted by awesome friends. In the event that we run out of spaces, there are numerous motels nearby.

If you can let me know ASAP if you are coming for all or part of the weekend, that would be awesome. Please send some contact details that I can pass on to the organizers as you will be staying at their house and they need to organize / make contact. There is also a FB event, but in the interest of protecting people’s privacy I’ll send that in a private message.

It’s going to be an awesome weekend.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.039 seconds.