Forums

Student in Berlin

Page:   1 2 3

Rivers

Joined in 2008
May 11, 2009, 10:18

Hi Magsdee. Nice to see you! “Surprise, surprise” haha.

I think what the church calls “ministry” is changing. Whether we ever speak from a pulpit or lead a group really doesn’t matter. But we are all called to lead people to Jesus and minister God’s love to people. Every believer is called to share Good News – out on the streets, in the clubs, on the beaches, at the mall, wherever people are – to love people, be led by the Spirit and show them Jesus’ love. And that is what leadership and the five-fold ministry are there for: to equip the believers to do the works of anointed ministry out where it matters. True religion is caring for the “orphans and widows”, loving the hurting with Jesus love and power. Philip was led by the Spirit to leave a revival in Samaria to minister out in the desert to just one Eunuch (part of our GLBT tribe), who then went and saw a whole nation touched with God’s love. For every nation there is at least one eunuch evangelist, but there should be more. Everyone is called to share God’s love with those who have never experienced it. We may feel like God has taken us out of a big revival or big ministry, and we may feel like we are in a desert place. But get ready. Someone is coming your way, and will listen to what you say.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
May 11, 2009, 11:41

Great to see you too, loveeeee the hair 😉

How true Rivers how true!!!!!

Sometimes the desert is the most honest from the heart place someone speaks from, you are faced with everything, including your demons, you have nothing else sometimes but your faith and tenacity to get through but when you come out of it another solidification of who you are and what you believe gets established and its quite unshakeable.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 12, 2009, 18:58

i just love it when I disappear for a few days and come back to read all this wonderful discussion. 😆 😆 😆 😆

you are all so wise….I love you.

just to add a couple more things….possibly said already.

CALLING……I feel called. Called to be Australias first openly gay Pentecostal…..I knew I wouldn’t be the last….hehe. Rosa Parks is my inspiration as is Jesus Christ who dared to say NO…you can’t treat other humans beings as lesser or inferior to you. Love your neighbour as you love yourself

Does that mean I have to be out loud and proud….as Rivers put it so well? I’m out and proud.

The things I’m not are

1. Militant

2. Aggressive

3. Political (not everyone would agree with that)

4. In your face about my sexual orientation

5. a person who has something to prove

6. Bitter and resentful

7. A trouble maker

8. Disrespectful of others who hold different opinions and beliefs to me.

The things I am are

1. respectful

2. moral

3. a person of integrity

4. a person with a profound sense that I’m loved by God as I am

5. totally open about my sexuality

6. a non masculine male who flaps his wrists and squeal occasionally (this is not put on to be offensive…..its just me)

if people have an issue with me……they are the ones with the issue. I dont have them any more…thank God.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
May 12, 2009, 21:03

That is so cool to write things about yourself out like that Anthony, it really puts it out there for ones self. 8)

Pentatropics

Joined in 2009
May 12, 2009, 21:29

Herzlichen Willkommen Alex. It is great to have you here, and you have started a wonderful discussion. I have devoured every word that has been posted, as I am going through very similar issues at the moment myself. It is as if Rivers, AVB, Gettingthere and the others have been speaking directly to me as much as to you!

God bless and looking forward to seeing more of you at Freedom 2b[e]

😀

Rivers

Joined in 2008
May 12, 2009, 21:32

That is so cool to write things about yourself out like that Anthony, it really puts it out there for ones self. 8)

I don’t know why but I keep laughing when I read this. Definitely out there. Anthony is very out there, haha. 😆 May we all be out there.

And there’s nothing wrong with a good squeal from time to time. 😉

Pentatropics, I will post an update for you on my story page, then tell me more about the issues you are dealing with yourself. It helps to share and put it into words, its part of the process.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
May 12, 2009, 22:42

LOL 😆 ….oh yes, love expressiveness, wish I could squeal like that. 😉

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 12, 2009, 22:52

LOL 😆 ….oh yes, love expressiveness, wish I could squeal like that. 😉

its a gift some gay men like myself have 😆 😆 😆

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
May 13, 2009, 07:37

It certainly is a gift 😀 😉

styrofoam

Joined in 2009
May 14, 2009, 09:14

Hey guys,

WOW, I can’t believe how many people answered to my story here.

I actually thought that my question has already been answered, so I haven’t checked the thread in the last few days.

Thanks for all your support! Thanks for your posts, too, Rivers and Pentatropics!

Although I have no idea why they wrote “Self effort/focus always leads to humanism and the achievemnets of man.” I’m thinking they believe your question was self-centered, which is odd, because it’s a totally fair question. Well, that sentence still bothers me because it seems like it would reveal something important about the attitude of this church but I can’t figure out why it’s in there. You got any ideas, Alex?

Umm.. not really. I guess he just wrote this sentence because it fit to the last one or maybe because this is a very important issue to him and the church at the moment. I have to admit that I did tell him in the e-mail in which I asked my question about my opinion about homosexuality, but not in a agressive or offensive way. This might be the reason why he wrote that if I’m always trying to have a discussion about homosexuality then the Connect group isn’t for me, thinking I might cause trouble. But I can’t see a reason why he wrote this, nor what he is trying to say with that.

I certainly would have written the e-mail in a different way after your responses. Luckily, he understood it in the right way and is welcoming.

You definately changed my opinion on how to deal with my homosexuality in front of other christians.

Thanks for that!

Alex 🙂

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.137 seconds.