Forums

Support for Parents of GLBTIQ

Page:   1 2

Jayindieburg

Joined in 2008
May 1, 2008, 12:15

Recently I have ran into a dad who just found out his daughter is gay. He came out to me because I am in a support group with him and I’m open about my homosexuality. Could anyone suggest any support sites for parents of GLBTIQ. And specifically not just from a biblical standpoint but also from just plain being a parent of someone who is GLBTIQ. Thanks so much. You guys are awesome!!

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
May 2, 2008, 08:21

Have you ever heard of PFLAG?

Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)

http://www.pflag.com is the website. 😉

Jayindieburg

Joined in 2008
May 2, 2008, 10:49

Thanks, I will suggest that to him as well but maybe later. PFLAG can be a little overwhelming at first to a parent. Is there some website, other than PFLAG, that I could suggest to him first?

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 2, 2008, 14:40

Seconding the PFLAG recommendation.

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
May 3, 2008, 07:33

Ill keep an eye out for you Jay,

I would love to have something to show my own parents. I can see them being a little uncomfortable with PFLAG too, then again, my parents are scared of anything with a rainbow! LOL 😆

Jayindieburg

Joined in 2008
May 4, 2008, 02:13

That is true, I will let you guys know If I find anything. 😛 😆 😀 Thanks for all your help.

y_v101

Joined in 2008
August 25, 2008, 10:39

Hi Jayindieburg

Here’s a website you may like to check out, if you have not been introduced to or discovered it yet,

Kind regards

Lyfe

http://www.truthsetsfree.net/us.htm

Nancy & Richard Cannon – Support for Parents

Nancy and Richard have been actively involved in the faith community since they first met in an Episcopal intentional community in Detroit’s inner city thirty years ago. As lay leaders, Richard was head of a non-profit housing corporation and Nancy served as the associate pastor. In more recent years they have pursued their love for art and music. Being the first ones Justin came out to, they have walked with Justin through his journey, and have dealt with the many questions and concerns that most parents of LGBT children face. Nancy and Richard have joined Inclusive Orthodoxy in a desire to make themselves available to others who may be struggling or in need of support, especially parents and friends of LGBT individuals.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
August 25, 2008, 10:55

Thankyou for that, very helpful Lyfe and so glad to have you with us 😀

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 26, 2008, 00:02

HI Lyfe…..I take it that Nancy & Richard are Justins parents.

y_v101

Joined in 2008
August 26, 2008, 17:34

Yes, Nancy & Richard are Justin’s parents. Thanks for pointing that out in case others did not make tthe connection:-)

Lyfe

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.033 seconds.