Forums

Supporting Gay Marriage in News From Around the World

Page: 1

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 1, 2012, 19:17

Hi all

I don't usually post the one topic in 2 sections.. However it's important to get as much support as possible for marriage equality.. and it's due by tomorrow.

So for those who haven't yet done so, please see the post in the News from Around the World section and use the link to send in your submission of support for gay marriage. It only takes a couple of minutes.

Thanks everyone!

Blessings,

Ann Maree

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
April 3, 2012, 09:22

and Now we wait

http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate_Committees?url=legcon_ctte/marriage_equality_2012/submissions.htm

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 3, 2012, 17:05

Hi Shadow Boxer

On a positive note, I heard today that the same sex marriage bill has been the most supported of any bill in Australian history. They received almost 45 000 submissions. I suspect that the use of social media sites probably helped with that.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
April 3, 2012, 17:17

Yes – from Shelly Argents Facebook post

[url=http://www.skynews.com.au/politics/article.aspx?id=735772&vId]http://www.skynews.com.au/politics/article.aspx?id=735772&vId

More than 45,000 Australians have told a Senate inquiry that they support same sex marriage, the lobby group Australian Marriage Equality (AME) says

………………….

Thousands more submissions, both in favour and against same sex marriage, have been made directly to the inquiry.

A summary on the Parliament of Australia's website shows that as of March 26, 54 per cent of those who had made submissions agreed the law should be changed to allow same sex marriage.

Forty-five per cent disagreed and one per cent were undecided.

The deadline for submissions ended on Monday and a public hearing is due to be held in Sydney on April 12.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 13, 2012, 18:27

Hi Shadow Boxer

Heard anything about the submissions yet?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
April 19, 2012, 22:30

Nope – not a word – but my guess is they will take a LONG time to process them

and then probably take some time to decide what to do – its a politically charged issue.

The one thing that MAY be in our favour is that if Labour decide there is NO hope for the party in the next election – then they may decide to do some progressive things – just because it will make the Liberals look horrible to roll them back. (Labour did some stuff like that before the last state election)

However IF they decide there is a hope – then the submissions may be irrelevant. They may decide its too decisive and leave it alone as a no win situation (rather like a second airport for sydney !)

I would be surprised to hear an answer sooner rather than later.

Im am off to the AFL on sunday with someone who may have some more insight into the processs. Ill have a chat.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 20, 2012, 14:04

Hi Shadow Boxer

Keep us posted and enjoy the football!

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Stuart Edser

Joined in 2012
May 9, 2012, 23:21

Hi Everyone,

Judging from the traffic stats on the Being Gay Being Christian Blog, many of you are visiting the site. I hope you are enjoying the posts and getting something out of them.

Tonight, I have just blogged a piece on gay marriage, a topic that I did not cover in the book, but a topic that is never far from the news regardless. The issues are complex, the opponents are loud and they are using many arguments to denounce the idea of gay people marrying their partners. The post at the URL below is therefore longer than usual because I felt it necessary to to try to answer their most common arrguments.

It's called Gays Getting Married – The Audacity.

http://beinggaybeingchristian.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/gays-getting-married-audacity.html

Best wishes – Stuart

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.029 seconds.