Forums

Tas lesbian seeking nearest freedom 2 B group

Page: 1

femmenaliss

Joined in 2013
April 23, 2013, 20:37

Hi there everyone

my name is Femmenaliss I'm from Tassie, I'm new to freedom 2B and newly out as a lesbian, well still in the process of this.

I would love to be able to get to know and worship with others who are GLBTI and love Jesus, my question is where are these people? Does anybody know if there is a Tas faith community of GLBTI people? I feel quite isolated as a lesbian Christian I haven't met any others.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
April 24, 2013, 11:59

Hi Femmenaliss,

Just want to welcome you to F2B. Sorry I can't help with any LGBTI groups in Tassie but hopefully others can.

All the best 🙂

Tammi_28

Joined in 2012
April 24, 2013, 12:00

Hi Femmenaliss,

My Name is Tamara. I'm from Victoria, so i'm not really sure on the support that might be in Tas. But It might be worth calling the Gay and Lesbian Switchboard, as they may have some information on the faith community in Tasmania. There number in Tas is 1800 184 527. Hope this helps. But in the mean time try to stay connected on these forums as they can be a great support. 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 24, 2013, 18:05

Hi femmenallis

Welcome to f2b. I encourage you to share some of your story in the telling our stories section. And feel free to read some of the stories already there. You will find accounts of triumph and courage that will encourage and inspire you, knowing that people like yourself have overcome difficulties to live meaningful lives as both Christian and gay.. 🙂

For LGBTI supports, have a look at the following link and see if any of these organisations may be able to help. As Tamara said, the LGBT switchboard may be able to suggest gay friendly churches. http://taspride.com/?page_id=3228

Blessings,

Ann Maree

femmenaliss

Joined in 2013
April 24, 2013, 20:17

Hi

thanks so much to you all for your help I will check out the links suggested and thanks so much for your quick responses

Femmenaliss

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.