the ball is rolling, im about to head beyond the point of no return

Page: 1

DavidLG
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
December 15, 2009, 00:59

Hi all.

Hope all is well.

well, i m preparing to come out to family, my pastor and more friends and become more offical.

lol this will be the point of no return lol

scary yet exciting at the same time.

any advice?

Please keep me i n prayer and to those who r interested i will keep u posted on this thread.

murrayd

Joined in 2009
December 15, 2009, 06:39

My pr ayers are with you brother that they will deal favourably with you. Just remember that man looks on the outward appearence but God looks on the heart and he loves you for God is love.God bless 🙂

Pentatropics

Joined in 2009
December 15, 2009, 11:22

Keeping you in prayer. The only advice I can offer is to be bold in the certainty of God’s love for you.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Peace and love

Ryan

DavidLG
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
December 15, 2009, 18:57

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 17, 2009, 11:12

hey Topgun……we have a thread on this http://www.freedom2b.org/node/146….and if you search coming out in the top right hand corner…you’ll find more.

Basically I suggest

1. Be really clear about why you are coming out?

2. Think about who you want to come out to – Divide them into groups of low, medium and high risk

3. Plan how you are going to come out – there are lots of options

4. Plan when you are going to come out to each group – think strategically.

5. Determine how much you tell each person – not everyone needs the whole story – some its a simple “BTW I’m gay”. Some will need more info about the struggle.

6. Think about how you will handle any negative reactions if you get them.

7. Finally, allow people time to process and accept – not everyone will be there immediately and just as it has taken you ???? years to come to self acceptance so it might take them some time as well.

DavidLG
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
December 18, 2009, 01:34

Thanks Anthony

Ive chewed on those words of advice and am carefulling working out my plan lol

Its something that needs t o done soon> I think i will take my Mum to a freedom meetign , after her shock has settled, to see we r normal people who love God.

Ive checked out those coming out links and found some good ideas on there too

Will to be gentle and stay calm if they go off the roof and get em t orea some online resources.

Wil lkeep u guys posted. Thanks for the posting and the prayers.

Your bent brother in Christ

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 23, 2009, 20:54

Hi Topgun

I found the article that avb mentioned a while back really helpful. It talks about homosexuality and the bible and is at http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/20763.htm

I like it because it’s non emotional and seeks to objectively look at the bible and homosexuality in a fair and reasonable manner. Whether you show this to your mum will depend on whether she’s of faith and interested in looking at quite a long and indepth essay. You might find it comforting and encouraging for yourself to read though.

Thinking of you and wishing all the best,

Ann Maree

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.03 seconds.