Forums

The Blue Son - something I wrote

Page:   1 2

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
February 15, 2010, 22:55

I enjoyed your fable, getting there. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 16, 2010, 01:29

hehe And so we would! 🙂 🙂 🙂 In fact, that son of ours has inspired me to think about writing a fairy tale around a theme in my own life. I do love fairy tales and fables. Thanks gettingthere – we think you’re great! 🙂

we are starting to sound like a husband and wife team now Ann Maree……hehe. 😀 😉

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 16, 2010, 15:20

Thought you’d find that amusing! 😀 😀

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
March 2, 2010, 23:43

I got my story graded. It got a 100% – which isn’t all that difficult to get with this teacher, he’s given me 100% on projects before. I wasn’t too concerned with that. What bothered me was that there were stories that had red ink marks on them and comments and stuff and mine came back totally blank. I was really disappointed. I was hoping for a reaction of some kind – any kind. And instead I got my paper back with a 100% grade and some generic comments about the quality of my writing. I’m not sure if I should do anything about it. I was hoping for a comment of some kind about the content of the story, something I could respond to and open a dialogue perhaps, but no, nothing at all. 🙁 I don’t know what to do now, but for the moment, I’m going to just let it lie I guess. I know for sure I’ll get my chance to talk on the subject 4th quarter, that is guaranteed. I just feel a bit let down by the way this seems to have ended. Hm. 🙁

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 3, 2010, 00:45

Maybe its done its work gettingthere….dont be too disappointed…..you have lots of opportunity to make a difference….in fact you are doing it already. Just not at the pace you’d like.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
March 3, 2010, 08:00

Congraulations gettingthere! You are a high achiever, aren’t you? Have you considered that you may have produced a profound response in the teacher and he’s not able to show it for some reason? Alternatively, he may be someone who only looks for mistakes to correct, and given your work didn’t have any, there’d be nothing to say. 🙂

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.038 seconds.