Forums

The Church, God, Transsexualism, Lesbianism and Me

Page:   1 2 3

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
March 2, 2008, 18:22

Thankyou Michele, that would be interesting to help me understand more about it all, even probably help me understand myself. I will be in touch with Leece soon. Youre an awesome lady 😀 Leece is pretty awesome isnt she 😉

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 3, 2008, 17:54

we are all learning. I have to admit that I was quite ignorant of transexualism up till recently when I coached two clients MTF and FTM.

Even though i was ignorant I dont think i was ever discriminatory in my attitude or behaviour. Unfortunately ignorance is the breeding ground for the worst of human behaviours such as bigotry and prejuduce.

Michele

Joined in 2008
March 8, 2008, 12:20

Hi Sandy

Got some good news on the chruch front … I wrote to the MCC and they have welcomed Sharon and I which is great.

Also if you are doing some research at University be very careful around material that cam out about some early studies in New Zealand and Canada. You may have heard of the well publised case of John and Joan where a poor little boy was badly mutilated during circumssion and they did surgery to make him into a girl. Her reverted inhis late teens back to male. The psych wrote up his case prior to his reverting as a sucess and proof that nuture was invovled in transsexualim. All similar cases were boys were given surgery and raised as girls reverted also. Putting a lot of pressure on the acceptance null-hypothesis that transsexualism is biological. There was a symposium conducted in Europe in 2002 (I have a link to the article if anyone is interested) where they looked at all of the possible causes for transsexulism and the evidence strongly showed a biological cause.

I hope things are going well for you in California. It is a beautiful part of the world.

Michele

Joined in 2008
March 8, 2008, 12:30

Hi Everyone

I found out about another little gem this week that the former government has done to make life hardier for us TS girls and guys. Formerly when we were to travel overseas for surgery (SRS) we were permitted to get a passport with our true gender of female displayed on it. Well I found out that last year or the year before our government repealled this provision so when i go over to Thailand to get my SRS I have to travel on a passport with male on it. This is really insulting as I have never felt male ever. They never advertised this it just was pushed through. The reason I heard was they did want terrorists to use these provisions. They obviously have no idea of what we hae to go through to get the documentation to prove we are TS. The number of psych consults endo visits etc etc. There are a lot easier ways for terrorists to hide their identity besides you can’t fake being TS you are either male or female and the psychs know. Makes you mad I will be lobbying to get things changed but that won’t help my circumstances but it wil others. I don’t care if people know my past but I hate having male on anything as it is not my true gender it is as though I am telling a lie to people if I have it there.

Just a little vent of frustration at our wonderful former government I hope the new one is better ?????

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
March 8, 2008, 17:51

“I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.”

– HL Mencken

Bit cynical, but true as far as I’m concerned. I do hope your lobbying goes well, though.

Michele

Joined in 2008
March 8, 2008, 19:21

Hi William

Governments are interesting beasts necessary evils … without them we soon fall into total anarchy. Something you frequently see following large disasters where the rule or structure of government collapses. Unfortunately we cannot live with them and cannot live with out them. We will only have a government that we can trust and be happy with when Christ himself returns and establishes his 1000 year rein. Up until his return we have to make do with what we have got.

We are fortunate in Australia though we can have a voice even if it is a loan one … it is possible for a single voice to affect change.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
March 8, 2008, 19:59

We are fortunate in Australia though we can have a voice even if it is a loan one … it is possible for a single voice to affect change.

True enough, but for how long? I think we are fools to assume our govenrment will never fall into a dystopian state of decay and fascist totalitarianism. We are nowhere near as secure as we think we are.

Nevermind, this thread isn’t really the place for my pessimistic views on government. I won’t say anymore about it…* 🙂

God bless.

* And don’t think I don’t hear that collective sigh of relief, everybody! 😀

Sandy

Joined in 2007
March 8, 2008, 22:28

Hi Michele,

Sorry I am so late in replying. I am glad that MCC has accepted you, I have done some reseach on MCC recently actually and found out some interesting things about its founder Troy Perry. Namely that he compares the ‘pleasure’ of S and M with the spiritual wonder the saints felt in the prescence of God. S&M according to Perry is a way of experiencing God and he defines it is Spirtuality and maturity… or maybe its senseulaity and maturity…. I forget, it was funny though! I took me an hour to stop laughing 😆

So I’d be careful to discern some of the things you hear, though I guess its not too hard to realise how silly the above one is.

Michele

Joined in 2008
March 9, 2008, 09:49

Thanks for the heads up Sandy

That’s good advice for all Christians going to any church … while us humans are delivering messages there is bound to be errors.

Mind you though when they make silly statements it does make it a lot easier to discern them.

Have a great weekend … I am off to Stanthopre today with my wife.

Michele

Joined in 2008
March 9, 2008, 10:02

Hi Everyone

Just a quick update … one of the wonderful TS guys on ATSN posted a reply for me on the long term passport issued. Another lady took the passport office to court over the issue of adding female to her passport post SRS. Like me she is married and could not change her birth certificate. The courts ruled that becuase she was post SRS she was entitiled to have female on her passport even though she had not amended her birth certifciate.

Just thought you might be interested.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.073 seconds.