Forums

The Church, God, Transsexualism, Lesbianism and Me

Page:   1 2 3

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
March 9, 2008, 10:34

Hmmmm interesting movements happening on the TS issues, all heading in a good direction by the look of it.

Michele

Joined in 2008
March 10, 2008, 08:13

Hi

Here is copy for the court ruling mentioned in my earlier post … http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/aat/2007/1816.html

Michele

Joined in 2008
March 10, 2008, 09:46

Hi Madsdee

It won’t be long before the same thing will be happening in the same sex relationship front also. Much ground and knoweldge has been gained in recent years and it will continue to grow. I think it will be watch this space.

Hope you are both well.

I am tying to put up a picture of myself in my profile but I am having difficulties getting it small enough. Will get there though.

Dove Snuggler

Joined in 2007
March 12, 2008, 18:25

Sandy you said:

“I have done some reseach on MCC recently actually and found out some interesting things about its founder Troy Perry. Namely that he compares the ‘pleasure’ of S and M with the spiritual wonder the saints felt in the prescence of God. S&M according to Perry is a way of experiencing God and he defines it is Spirtuality and maturity… or maybe its senseulaity and maturity…. I forget, it was funny though! I took me an hour to stop laughing”

Would you mind quoting your sources on this as I can’t find anyone who’s heard such a thing?

Do you think it is a balanced representation of Troy Perry who opened his churches to Christians, sinners, prostitutes, pimps and anyone who was marginalised because of their sexuality, including the leather guys and girls? Perry didn’t think Christ excluded anyone.

Kit

Sandy

Joined in 2007
March 12, 2008, 19:05

No I do not think it is a balanced representation of a man who, I am sure, has the best of intentions towards all people. I did not cite it for its balanced perspective, I cited it as an example of some of the infrequent odd things that tend to come out of people’s mouths on the pulpit and which need to be discerned. This could happen in any chruch I merely cited Perry because MCC was the topic of discussion.

http://www.gayguidetoronto.com/1_shaun/troy_perry.html

Note also that the comments I made come dirrectly from Perry’s mouth, they are not my own bias or exageration. They are the way, or at least one of the ways, in which Perry represents himself and his identity. The website interview is actually biased towards Perry. The interviewer describes him as a ‘gay hero’.

Michele

Joined in 2008
March 12, 2008, 21:54

Hi

For me the most important thing for any Christian is to always check in the bible after hearing a sermon. Does what being said make sense with the references given. It is a simple rule I follow. I have heard many things spoken from the pulpit that don’t make sense when you check the references.

For me God is more interested in whether a person acknowledges His free gift of salvation and accepts it for themselves. The sad thing about the many debates over whether homersexuality is right or wrong is that the message of love and salvation gets lost. People only see arguments and disharmony … they see people judging others and only hear the message of condemnation.

Jesus when he was here preached against the Church they were weighing people down with more rules laws etc. The people He met with were those rejected by society and the Church. It is sad that this message of love and salvation is getting swallowed up by so many side issues. I wish todays Church could see this and get back to administering God’s love and leave the conviction of sin to God Himself.

I will probably get slammed for this post but the Gospel means good news. That is what people need to hear.

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 13, 2008, 15:31

OH!!!!!! CAN I GET A WITNESS!?!?! GOOD LORD GURRRL!!! WE ALL NEED TO READ THAT AGAIN! Whoo!! Glory! 😀

For me God is more interested in whether a person acknowledges His free gift of salvation and accepts it for themselves. The sad thing about the many debates over whether homersexuality is right or wrong is that the message of love and salvation gets lost. People only see arguments and disharmony … they see people judging others and only hear the message of condemnation.

Jesus, when he was here, preached against the Church. They were weighing people down with more rules laws etc. The people He met with were those rejected by society and the Church. It is sad that this message of love and salvation is getting swallowed up by so many side issues. I wish todays Church could see this and get back to administering God’s love and leave the conviction of sin to God Himself.

I will probably get slammed for this post but the Gospel means good news. That is what people need to hear.

OH YOU GO GIRL!!! 😆 CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE HER A BIG AMEN!!!!!

That was very well said Michele. I just got a little inspired there reading that. 😉

What you said was sooooo true. I especially loved this….

I wish todays Church could see this and get back to administering God’s love and leave the conviction of sin to God Himself.

I dont think there is any way possible you could get slammed for speaking such encouraging and empowering words! You certainly blessed me with your thoughts! 😉

Sorry! Got a little excited there. I’m such a penticostal honey. You got me swinging from the chandeliers!! 😆 😆 😆

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
March 13, 2008, 16:00

I suppose I’d just be shooting myself in the foot at this point to mention that I think that there may be a difference between weighing people down with laws and advocating right living?

NOT THAT I’M DISAGREEING WITH YOU. Just trying to help define the line between condemnation and instruction…

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 13, 2008, 16:51

LOL!! 😆

Oh, dear William. You certainly get an “A” for effort. 😆

I dont think you are shooting yourself in the foot, but have you ever heard of the phrase “just nod and smile”???

Sometimes, its just better, and acutally more productive in a setting like this to not counter back at every statement. Even though you really really really want to. 😉

Its ok though, we all love you 😀

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.083 seconds.