Forums

The purpose of marriage

Page:   1 2

supercalamari

Joined in 2008
August 10, 2008, 18:27

Plumbing is not really all that important when it comes to love.

I’ve got to put that on a sticker or poster or something!

hahaha, i’m fairly sure there are lots of stickers with the same sort of message on it. or you could make your own, you never know…

but honestly, most of the anti marriage equality arguments i’ve heard have basically boiled down to arguments about plumbing. it says more about those people then it does about us.

anthony, thankyou so much for posting your last post here 😀 , mind if i post it on my blog?

supercalamari

Joined in 2008
August 10, 2008, 18:29

😆 😆 since we’re on the topic of plumbing, mines getting some needed draino(ural) at the moment 😳 😆

ahahahahaha oh how much i hate using that stuff! after a week taking ural, the feeling of being able to use your plumbing without trouble is the best feeling on earth.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
August 10, 2008, 18:35

Tell me about it…… 🙄 😉 😀

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
September 14, 2008, 18:52

One particular Christian radio station is having a “marriage week”, so taking AVB’s lead, I thought I’d dust off my Nave’s Topical Bible and look up all the references to marriage – and guess what – couldn’t find any references that specifically referred to marriage being solely just between a man and a woman 🙄

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
September 18, 2008, 00:03

So, I’m going to challenge them on it from now on. While also pointing out that Shakespeare did NOT write “Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him well” and that Humphrey Bogart never said “Play it again Sam”. 😉

Also that Captain Kirk never said: “Beam me up, Scottie.”

hehe

UKBoy

Joined in 2008
December 12, 2008, 11:17

I disagree, i think many in that list are still followed today.

Like the one that says that inter-faith marriage is not allowed… how many Born-Again Christians get married to Muslims for example…

And that its between a Man and a woman, that certainly still gets followed today… others too

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
December 12, 2008, 11:26

Welcome to F2B Kenton 😀

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 12, 2008, 12:55

yes…..welcome Kenton….great to have you with us in the global network.

from what we observe in the bible believing church today we have lots of people who don’t actually follow or live according to the literalist interpretation of scripture.

Divorce being one….and then of course there are the words of Jesus who said to the wealthy…..go and sell all you have and give it to the poor. Many churches in our circles today court wealthy people for their giving programs. Those who are in this group in my church have special events and access to things the average congregants don’t.

i’m not saying this is right or wrong……..just pointing out that people can quote a scripture and tell us all its the word of God…..but convenently ignore others verses which personally challenge them.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
December 12, 2008, 13:12

Ohh how true those words ring.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.062 seconds.