This kind of story breaks my heart

Page: 1

RaulG

Joined in 2010
September 8, 2010, 06:31

Querido Familia,

This young man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf0mzUsvfSM

…has a story that truly breaks my heart. His faith in God and the saving power of Christ is strong, as strong as his resolve to not hide who he truly his. But because of the misguided actions of some of my brothers and sisters in the Body of Christ, he felt confused and frightened and eventually settled on living his life as both a homosexual and a Christian by simply not letting the worries get to him.

It breaks my heart, because someone should have told him that there is no contradiction, that you can be an LGBT Christian, that you can be embraced by the Body of Christ just as assuredly as Christ embraced all of humanity from atop the cross.

It was kind of interesting that his life seems to mirror that of our host, Mr. Brown (and he promotes “Life of Unlearning”).

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
September 8, 2010, 09:34

I actually thought that his story is somewhat victorious, RaulG. 🙂 He had found a way to let his faith and sexuality exist together, by not letting the seeming conflict upset him. That’s what most of us here have done, at some point along our journeys. I wonder where he is with his journey now? I posted a comment on his video and mentioned Freedom 2b[e] to him.

RaulG

Joined in 2010
September 8, 2010, 15:47

Querido MyFanWe,

I agree with your sentiment as his faith and courage are an inspiration. My problem is that people actually told him that there was a conflict to begin with and subjected him to those barbaric “ex-gay therapies”.

You told him about us? Good thinking!

Yours in Christ,

RaulG

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 8, 2010, 18:56

Hi Raul

Thanks again for your support.

I agree with Meg that this young man is victorious because he found a way to overcome the obstacles he faced. He reconciled his faith and sexuality in spite of the church giving him damaging messages. Of course, I agree it’s terribly sad that the church continues to harm people out of ignorance, fear and predjudice. The fact that anyone has been involved in ex-gay therapies/programs is deeply regrettable.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
September 8, 2010, 20:42

Querido MyFanWe,

I agree with your sentiment as his faith and courage are an inspiration. My problem is that people actually told him that there was a conflict to begin with and subjected him to those barbaric “ex-gay therapies”.

You told him about us? Good thinking!

Yours in Christ,

RaulG

Yes, I agree that it is sad that the church gives damaging messages to young people about their sexuality. I really hate to see that continuing to happen.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.057 seconds.