Forums

United Pentecostal finds great support from those that rejected him 24 years ago after coming out publicly on 10/10/2010

Page: 1

hercules2

Joined in 2010
October 18, 2010, 05:23

I have many friends from the United Pentecostal Church…I had not had contact some of them for over 20 years…When I came out to them on fb as a Gay man on 10/10/2010, they embrassed me with an unbelievable , unconditional love…my UPC …ministers Grandaughter told me she loved me and accepted me exactly for who I was..I was floored and amazed at what she said…I was hurt and rejected for many years from my local church, but now I believe it is a time for healing. All will not accept, but many will and have…many I thought would have picked up a stone to throw, simply turned and walked away and said …”Who am I to pick up a stone and cast it at you for who you are…The words “I love you the way you are” are words I never thought or dreamed I would hear from many of them. We will stand tall and proud for who we are and simply begin to move the mountains of fear one stone at a time 🙂

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
October 18, 2010, 10:44

Jim,

That is wonderful! How exciting, and awesome to see Christian’s changing their attitudes to homosexuals.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 18, 2010, 11:55

Hi hercules2

That’s so great to hear. It gives hope that people can change for the better. We all can. 🙂

Thanks for sharing this. I hope we hear more from you and feel free to post this in the Telling Our Stories section as well if you like.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

oooooo

Joined in 2006
October 18, 2010, 18:31

That is so awesome …

davidt

Joined in 2009
October 19, 2010, 09:25

That is very encouraging for all of us. Many thanks for sharing it.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 21, 2010, 13:04

….and for those of you who dont know the United Pentecostal Church…….it is very conservative and old school…..almost like a holiness type church……is that a fair description Jim

If so that makes your friends reactions…..extra special

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.064 seconds.