Forums

VIDEO: Bayside TV - Real Christianity is Accepting (incl. James Hillier's story) and Discussion

Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 6, 2011, 00:16

Love your work….see you in less than 24 hours……actually this time tomorrow night we’ll be on the dance floor…..assuming you enjoy dancing……actually I have heard not all gay men do. :O surprised :O

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
May 8, 2011, 21:50

Hi all

Thanks Ben for posting this.

I think it’s positive that Rob has done this series and agree with Ben that James’ testimony was great.

I’d like to make one small correction for Rob and the other presenters however. They kept referring to those who were “same sex attracted” and their “lifestyles” while at the same time failing to mention peoples’ sexual ‘orientation’. As avb has often said, the latter word is a much better fit for most of us because it speaks of something deeper and more inherent than outward traits or behaviours. To have a lifestyle or be same sex attracted might imply that we have chosen to be LGBT whereas no one would surely choose that as Rob rightly pointed out. I mention it too because a lot of ex gay programs use the term “same sex attracted” rather than ‘orientation’. They do this because it suits their belief that LGBT people can be changed to heterosexual, which again and again has been shown to fail.

I believe that Rob Buckingham’s heart is in the right place which is encouraging but it’s still good to use the most accurate language.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.041 seconds.