Forums

VIDEO: Salvos, Jay Bakker and Matt Pearse on the gay issue and the church

Page: 1

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 3, 2011, 15:02

JUSTSalvos Live talks with Jay Bakker, son of Tele-Evangilists Jim and Tammy-Fay Bakker and also chats with Matt Pearse. This Episide looks at Grace, Love and Acceptance.

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
April 3, 2011, 15:20

This is so awesome!!! Totally made my day.

So many good points. The church is so often the “tail lights”. People are leaving the church because their don’t want to be associated with Christianity. And supportive straight Christians do need to make it known that they are supportive. Jay Bakker is really clued in.

Now, to get this video in front of as many Christians as I can…

Boi70

Joined in 2007
April 3, 2011, 18:03

Wow! This was really great to see! It sort of reminds you that some within the Christian Church are with us on this issue. Like Mr Summit pointed out – most of the time, the Christian Church is often with the taillight – and it is rarely with the headlight on these civil right issues.

I suppose it also raises a very real issue, where all churches, regardless of whether they are part of the mainstream or are part of the pentecostal church movement, need to re-evaluate their position – both corporately as well as from each of the individual members viewpoints – on the LGBT community and its people, or the Church organisations will simply become less and less relevent within society.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 3, 2011, 21:15

Hi there

I echo the sentiments of Jason and Mr Summit. That was inspiring and so refreshing to hear an objective, open discussion about homosexuality and the church. Jay Bakker’s a brilliant example both of a Christian and a wonderful human being. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Thanks for posting,avb! 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
April 7, 2011, 16:01

Amazing!! Things are definitely changing 🙂 😀

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 11, 2011, 12:08

This is so awesome!!! Totally made my day.

So many good points. The church is so often the “tail lights”. People are leaving the church because their don’t want to be associated with Christianity. And supportive straight Christians do need to make it known that they are supportive. Jay Bakker is really clued in.

Now, to get this video in front of as many Christians as I can…

Easy……everyone here copy the link to this page into your facebook wall or twitter. this will not only let them know about the video but also freedom 2 b[e]. I do it all the time with special discussions and stories.

If everyone does this then watch the number of times this page is viewed climb.

thanks.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.029 seconds.