Forums

VIDEO Ted Haggard To Open More Inclusive Church

Page: 1

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
February 12, 2011, 09:55

I think this is an encouraging video. Some interesting insights from Ted Haggard on LGBT people in church, same-sex marriage, etc.

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
February 12, 2011, 09:56

Let me just clarify that I don’t agree with everything in this video but I do think it’s a huge step forward, considering everything Ted Haggard and family have been through.

davidt

Joined in 2009
February 12, 2011, 11:27

I am not a second class Christian, and I refuse to allow anyone to judge me as a second class church member because I am gay. This particularly applies when they will not allow me to do a long list of things in the church, just because I am gay. (I am no longer a church member).

Heterosexual Christians in a monogamous straight marriages are not better sinners than we are. We are not “more broken” than they are.

It is what he is NOT saying that worries me.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 12, 2011, 13:46

Hi Ben and davidt

Didn’t Ted Haggard come out as gay? And yet he stood there with his wife and children all looking as uncomfortable as they possibly could. I’m confused by that picture.

Ted seemed to be talking about a whole lot of nothing. He didn’t sound like he was really for anything and I’m not sure how it would be encouraging as LGBT to go to his church. And yes, I agree davidt, it’s what he wasn’t saying that worries me too.

Ben, can you say more about how you think it’s a huge step forward for Ted? I don’t know much about him so am no doubt missing something.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.049 seconds.