Forums

Wary of Attending Meetings?

Page: 1

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
December 16, 2012, 22:39

With permission of the author, I re-post a (slightly-edited) little report from elsewhere for your encouragement. He wrote . . .

Just wanted to share a minor personal 'victory' with you all.

When I first came to a freedom2b meeting 6 months ago, I parked in the darkest spot I could find two streets over, put up my hoodie, walked in the shadows and checked over my shoulder before ducking in to the venue.

Tonight when I stopped by, I parked in the closest spot I could find (for convenience) and walked in without giving it a second thought.

It was a little moment of realisation myself, that even though I have a few reasons not to completely 'come out' yet, if someone DID find out (i.e., saw me walk into the venue and start asking questions), it wouldn't really be a big deal. I'd get over it. Compared to 6 months ago when to me that felt like the biggest scariest thing I could ever imagine.

So freedom2b, (and other groups) have played a large role in getting me to this point, and for that I'd just like to say thanks!

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
December 17, 2012, 18:15

Awesome forestgrey. Always wondering to hear of people's journey, the great steps forward they take. Wonderful encouragement to other's just starting their journey and in need of a little hope and encouragement. 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 17, 2012, 19:51

Hi forestgrey

That's wonderful! We learn to relax into ourselves and not hide who we are. It happens bit by bit as people are ready, and as they find accepting and loving responses. 🙂 Well done to this person, and to all those at the chapter for playing a part in this. Thanks for sharing too, forestgrey. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
December 17, 2012, 22:02

Ann Maree – The person concerned was invited to post, but he preferred me to. Cheers ~ david

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.062 seconds.