Forums

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE??

Page:   1 2 3

Figment

Joined in 2008
January 17, 2009, 00:29

I just had a look at that, and I kinda agree with Mobileguy68. My thoughts:

In the fifth stage of faith (conjunctive), persons still rely on their own views but move from self preoccupation or from dependence on fixed truths to acceptance of others’ points of view they tend to be more tolerant and begin to consider serving others.

– Most of this stage is more commonly known as Postmodernism, and we are all guilty of that πŸ˜† (If only I had found this before doing that 2000 word essay last semester πŸ˜† )

Individuals who move to the sixth and last stage of faith (universalizing) are rare. As older adults, they begin to search for universal values, such as unconditional love and justice. Self-preservation becomes irrelevant.

– I daresay most of us have looked for and tried to define those universal values, regardless of age πŸ˜‰ . Though I don’t know anyone who has abandoned something human like self-preservation πŸ˜‰

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 17, 2009, 00:35

yep…..I think Fowler model is limited and too academic….but it opens up the conversation. I prefer the article on stages that I posted.

QueenEsther

Joined in 2009
January 17, 2009, 02:27

I believe of am a child of God

I believe I was created the way I am with purpose

I believe I am a Christian and I will be going to Heaven to meet my maker

I believed Jesus took the cross for our sins but I also believe that me being bi-sexual is not a sin, for God created me this way and how can one say that the beauty of how individually we were crafted, is a sin. It is not and in my eyes never will be.

Having said the above, I believe through prayer, I am forgiven for all the sins of my journey.

I believe we should all accept and love one another, regardless of the diversity of our backgrounds and the paths we have walked.

I believe we are all brothers and sisters in Christ and that it is nobodies place to Judge in this world, the only person who has the right to judge is God and it is our responsibility to make each other feel loved and welcomed. AMEN

I believe in being proud of our God given testimonies. I believe that everybody has a story to tell that is so meant for someone to hear, at the right time, at the right moment. I believe we should all have the courage to stand strong in the testimony that God gave us because one day it will impact the life of another

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
January 17, 2009, 07:29

I believe in being proud of our God given testimonies. I believe that everybody has a story to tell that is so meant for someone to hear, at the right time, at the right moment. I believe we should all have the courage to stand strong in the testimony that God gave us because one day it will impact the life of another

How true is that!

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 17, 2009, 12:10

How true is that!

Hear hear! πŸ™‚

frogger

Joined in 2005
January 20, 2009, 11:24

I think that is a superb way of putting it queen esther!!! Very nice!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 20, 2009, 22:52

I would love to tell my story of grace to the congregations I used to speak to. I think it is an amazing story since I considered that I’d planned to commit suicide when I turned 50 (7 years ago BTW). There are things I’ve learnt and depths of experience I’ve known that I think it would have been impossible to experience if I’d remained in my calling as a preacher. I feel very grateful and very blessed….but alas ATM….I don’t think they realise I have some treasures to share……maybe one day.

Craig_Maynard

Joined in 2007
January 25, 2009, 23:21

Wow… I am so inspired by these threads of discussion… there was a reason why I joined this group. πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€

I looked at the list of everyone and the only thing that I could say that I believe that we are created in God’s image and therefore we are all equal in God’s eye.

The statement supports that we should treat each other as our equals regardless of race, colour, creed, financial, socioeconomic, disabled, sexual orientations etc.

I realise that what I beleive is not always what other people believe therefore that is why we can never really have peace on earth, because not everyone will have that component in their belief system that allows us to be as equal – we can use scripture but then they use parts of the scripture to invalidate us and give us labels. Sigh… if only they knew what they were doing?

Ta

Craig

gjjlong

Joined in 2009
October 22, 2009, 07:55

I am a believer in Christ and have been for 20 years and my beliefs are still fundamentally the same today as then. Throughout my walk with Christ I have found that life is a journey and not a destination. As I have grown both as a believer and as a man I have become less dogmatic and critical. But rather mercy and grace, one can have all the knowledge but without love then that knowledge bears no fruit.

blackjack

Joined in 2009
October 26, 2009, 00:29

I still believe in the main aspects of Protestant Christianity.

– That God is who He is, as revealed in the Bible.

– That Jesus Christ is our Saviour, both from our prior rebellion and for our eventual Perfection when He comes again.

– That Faith is the whole conviction of the testimony of Christ, thus leading to acts in accordance with such.

– Other religions do not reach God per se, except where His mercy bestows otherwise. If pressed, I would cite anecdotal cases for converts from Islam and other religions who already know of God prior to their Christian commitment.

– Grace has become a much bigger part of my faith. Since I found myself an obvious candidate for the biggest sinner competition, it’s only fitting that God’s mercy be magnified to match.

– I maintain a form of conservative Pentecostal theology, stemming from my first church.

– Of gifts of the Spirit, etc.

– Congregational, pre-millenial, etc., etc. other things we can spend days talking about.

– My experiences being gay, have led to God’s wonderful miracles in my life so far.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.097 seconds.