Forums

Where to go from now...?

Page:   1 2

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
June 9, 2008, 08:35

With God I have found, that ok, if one chooses to take the stand point of conservatism, bite the bullet that it is how its going to be “that you are homosexual in orientation and choose not to act on it” and stop asking for something thats not going to happen(becoming straight or the feelings of being attracted etc), thats the reality of it and have a supportive network of friends you can be brutally honest with.

Of course I am saying this to those that are strong in their conviction and are emotionally stable being in that place and havent had thoughts of self harm.

But for those who have had those thoughts and such, please seek support and help, God also will NOT punish you if you give into your orientation, it isnt evil to be same sex atrracted.

For those of us that have resolved our issues and are living as openly GLBTI people, at times we may need some support but keep going and stick by what you believe.

Personally, in anything, Ive realised and I have to come to a conclusion that I either believe or do something with 100% conviction regardless of what anyone says (all within the boundaries of sound judgement of course and weigh ups) or I will always be faced with being neither here nor there and constantly questioning everything and finding fault in every statement and so not being a happy camper so to speak 😉

If I flinch at the thought of failure, then I have issues surrounding that, either of pride/ego or something deeper and sadder probably around being belittled as a child/young adult, abuse etc…. and those things are crucial to deal with so one can make healthy decisions and have a healthy responce to what life may dish out at us. When we stop living out of our hurt and pain, life and decisions are a lot better but of course its a process so patience is always a good thing 😉

Sandy

Joined in 2007
June 9, 2008, 08:54

I wasn’t trying to suggest that people don’t get help or imply that one decision reagrding the Christian/homosexual issue is better than any other.

I guess my line of enquiry stems from an anoyance at people who say “oh you just have to accept yourself” as if it were really that simple! My question had more to do with the process than the outcome. It just seems to me that when you have to rely on things outside of your own control (ie. God) the process of resolution can’t be systematised in the same way fixing other problems can be.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 9, 2008, 09:01

you are right Sandy….I was being simplistic…….and wasn’t actually referring to the faith/sexuality resolution issue. that is more complex. I was thinking more of other life issues such as career or relationship.

I guess in the area you’ve just mentioned faith plays the greats part.

…..but thinking about things again now……there probably is some truth in process i mentioned even there. I remember now in 1991 after I’d spent 22 years trying to change my sexual orientation I looked at the options.

1. Keep trying to be straight

2. Have an affair on the side

3. Accept that I’m gay (and turn away from God)

as you know I took the third option……and look where I am today. I’ve never regretted that decision.

I think I’ve said it many times on this forum. I know there is a process to resolution……..but can’t predict the timetable. Because of F2B it seems to be much quicker for others than it was for me.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
June 9, 2008, 12:59

I never took you as suggesting or implying anything Sandy, I was just sharing my thoughts. Everything is a process, even Christianity, I have grown soooo much as a believer from when I first believed and continue to do so, acceptance of self in any way is a process and a growing factor, thank God 😉 (and for goodness sake theirs nothing aimed or implied at anyone here fom me 😀 😉 ) We either accept where we are at and and grow and make the most of it without griping too much or we just end up miserable or with a bee in our bonnet all the time, just something I have learnt for myself that Im sharing.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
June 9, 2008, 16:10

you are right Sandy

Ah the four most beautiful words in the English language 😆

Thanks for all the help.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 10, 2008, 22:15

you are right Sandy

Ah the four most beautiful words in the English language 😆

Thanks for all the help.

LMAO!

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.069 seconds.