Forums

Who likes AFL? this is random....

Page:   1 2

DavidLG
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
December 1, 2009, 23:10

Random topic but just for fun who enjoys AFL and what team do u go for?

And i mean who actually enjoys the game and not just looking at the players,lol

Ima signed up bombers fan and declare an Essendon premiership within 5 years.

sman

Joined in 2009
December 2, 2009, 00:16

Yawn. topgun. Geelong is only getting stronger so I say you 5 years is way off.

I am a Geelong Child for 3 generations. I pass it onto my children so here come some more Cats Fans.

Went to Chadstone the other day and normally I cant find Geelong stuff in our local AFL store, however at Chaddy it was like heaven. Geelong stuff everywhere, I just wanted to curl up and sleep there.

Meyerink

Joined in 2009
December 2, 2009, 17:26

sorry, whats AFL?? 😛

oooooo

Joined in 2006
December 2, 2009, 17:34

no no no

go the LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFL is Australian Football League also known as ‘Aussie Rules’

It is its own unique brand of footy

the closest to it is Galic football (did i spell that right?????)

sman

Joined in 2009
December 2, 2009, 18:43

Sorry I forgot. Did Geelong win the Grand Final last year? So the number one team and the greatest is Geelong.

AFL is the best game played in the world. Says me whos dad played VFL and I played nothing. I love the game but I inherited my fathers Musical skills not his Athletic skills.

Oakley

Joined in 2009
December 2, 2009, 20:12

Just had to have my say…… LOVE IT!!!!!

and ummm Geelong 7 preimerships….. Essendon 16

So i think claiming Geelong is the best is a bit of a stretch 😀

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
December 2, 2009, 21:57

I’m generally a Sydney Swans guy. It’s nice to watch them play 😉 and wish I had their athleticism.

DavidLG
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
December 5, 2009, 15:16

Awesome t o see we have some lovers of this great game, the most excitiing football code.

Here I am, u dont know wat ur missing out on 😛 :p

Very good point there Oakley. 16 premierships hehehe Go bombers!!! its ok shane, hope u enjoyed tyhe premiership joy. It may be ahile to the next one.

Mobile, Sydney Swans r ok but i dunno how a 2nd sydney team will work. lo lcan blame for u admiring the athletiscims of the players though

sman

Joined in 2009
December 5, 2009, 18:05

Yeah yeah yeah. Geelong sucked falling short for many years and now we have started to move upward. I hold onto the fact they play a very strong game.

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
December 7, 2009, 16:34

Is discussion of AFL appropriate on this site? Well, yes . . . there is a spiritual link !

I’m originally from Melbourne, and just in case anyone is not aware, most Melbourne people of faith are actually syncretists. That is, they successfully fuse together their Christian beliefs with their devotion to their other ‘religion’.

It is quite common for the “after church” conversation in Melbourne to NOT be about the wonderful sermon just heard, but rather what happened at the MCG (the ‘temple’ of AFL) the day before.

It is ‘sort of’ in the blood of anyone born south of the Murrumbidgee River and west to Perth and surrounds.

It IS possible for a non-believer to be converted, but – be warned – such conversion can lead to fanatisicm and become costly as one accrues suitable objects in one’s selected team colours.

That said, I switched from a life of following Essendon from toodlerhood, to supporting the Sydney Swans when I moved to Sydney quite a few years ago. Used to attend regularly, but only causal now due to busyness – plus no fellow, like-minded followers to go with. (My Sydney friends simply don’t understand how wonderful AFL is!)

Many gay boys and girls follow AFL. Several AFL clubs have small coteries of gay supporters. (Google “Rainbow Swans”, “Pink Magpies”, etc.)

I even have a pair of my old AFL shorts at home – and they are from the days when we all wore very tight shorts. Doubt they would fit me now.

Compared with the other codes of football in Australia, AFL draws from the widest socio-economic and cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and from all genders.

Cheers – david

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.067 seconds.