Forums

WORLD NEWS

Page:   1 2

leece

Joined in 2007
March 12, 2008, 17:29

i thought it would be nice to have a spot wear if we fine some thing from some wear else to beable to have a place to put it.

i am in a group for GLBTI called same same its a OZY thing bit like my space.

there is this artical below from it.

i had to laugh at the small minded people.

leece

from same same,

This week, we urge you all to look in the mirror and think of some nice things to tell yourself. Why? Because apparently you’re deadly and dangerous. You’re also akin to terrorists and murderers. At least, that’s what’s being thrown about this week.

Recently on a TV program in the UK, controversial fundamentalist Christian Stephen Green compared ‘Steps’ singer Ian Watkins to mass murderer Jeffrey Dahmer. It’s the most outlandish comparison ever. How on earth do you put the singer of craptastic songs like “Boot Scootin’ Baby” and “Tragedy” in the same ballpark as someone who brutally murdered seventeen men and boys, many of the killings involving rape, necrophilia and cannibalism?

Watkins told Green that he was “completely happy” being out of the closet and in a loving relationship. Green responded with, “Dahmer was happy murdering people, does that make it right?”

Meanwhile in the states, Oklahoma state politician Sally Kern has given a rather damning speech about gays and why we’re on par with terrorists. Apparently there are deadly consequences for anyone involved with us. Our community has more suicides, more illness and our life spans are shorter. Oh and we’re also going to be the downfall of civilisation.

“Studies show that no society that has totally embraced homosexuality has lasted more than, you know, a few decades,” she said. Ah, which studies would those be Sally?

And as if that wasn’t enough, a couple of days ago the Vatican issued an updated list of the seven deadly sins, which are –

1. Environmental pollution,

2. Genetic manipulation,

3. Accumulating excessive wealth,

4. Inflicting poverty,

5. Drug trafficking and consumption,

6. Morally debatable experiments,

7. Violation of fundamental rights of human nature.

I suspect we come in under number seven. Oh and perhaps we’re also numbers five and six on some Friday and Saturday nights. But can I just ask how many of these apply to the Vatican itself? As one of our members suggested, they should add an eighth one to the list – ‘hypocrisy’.

What do you think about the new seven sins?

Until next week,

Christian Taylor

National Editor

New Faces

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
March 12, 2008, 23:33

Okay, I know you’re all going to hate me for this but…eh, what’s new? 🙂

While I absolutely agree that homosexuality is in no way on par with brutally murdering people, Stephen Green had a point: just because you enjoy doing something doesn’t make it right. And this, rather than a direct comparison between homosexuality and murder, is what he may have been attempting to convey. Of course, I can’t say for sure what was going through his head at the time, but neither can anyone else – who really knows what he meant except himself and the Almighty?

I’m not trying to defend Green’s comments per se, just advocate a more balanced interpretation of them…

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 13, 2008, 15:08

I think the point trying to be made here was that this mans comparison between gays and murder was outright discriminatory and prejudiced. 😡 You can tone down his comments all day long William, but that still did not give Mr. Green a right to use such a derogatory analogy. 😕

This is yet another perfect example of how the Christian community is unknowingly spreading hate through their words. I pray that it truly is just ignorance, for anyone who could say something that hateful on purpose is surely not a Christian. 😥

Sandy

Joined in 2007
March 13, 2008, 15:21

Well can’t say he didn’t warn you 😆

Okay, I know you’re all going to hate me for this but…eh, what’s new?

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 13, 2008, 15:44

LOL!!! 😆 😆

I suppose your right Sandy!! 😆 I did get warned!!

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
March 13, 2008, 15:52

[sighs]…[goes to speak]…[sighs again]…nevermind. You wouldn’t believe me anyway…[shrugs]

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 13, 2008, 18:03

Oh come now William, it will be alright…. ok, I want you to do something for me ok??

put your right hand on your left shoulder……

are you doing it???? DO IT! 😯

Ok, now, put your left hand on your right shoulder……

Ok, now squeeeze!!

There. I just gave you an online hug. LOL! 😉 😆 😆 😆

orfeo

Joined in 2007
March 17, 2008, 13:22

Wait…

Ian Watkins is gay?!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Oh, wait…

Ian Watkins is in a loving relationship. 🙁

😉

leece

Joined in 2007
March 21, 2008, 09:20

this is good but they forgot about a group of people.

i wonder who they maybe.

leece

Easter message highlights reconciliation

March 21, 2008 01:48am

Praise for apology to stolen generation

Reconciliation very Christian and powerful

This Easter heralds new beginning

RECONCILIATION and forgiveness are the central themes of this year’s Easter messages from leaders of the Anglican and Catholic churches.

The Anglican Archbishop of Sydney has described the Federal Government’s apology to the stolen generation as a new beginning for Australia.

In his Easter message, Archbishop Peter Jensen says the apology was a “very Christian idea”.

“This year, we as a nation have been summoned to a new beginning in our relationships with the first people of our land,” Dr Jensen said.

“We have been asked for reconciliation – a very powerful and very Christian idea.”

Sydney Catholic archbishop Cardinal George Pell says the resurrection of Jesus offers people godly forgiveness if they repent.

“This alone is a good reason for rejoicing. Easter greetings and Easter peace to everyone,” he said.

President of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference, Archbishop Philip Wilson, also emphasised the importance of peace in his Easter message.

“Everywhere we turn, senseless violence is influencing the lives of poor and innocent people and one can be tempted to think that in the midst of all this, there is no way for us to make a difference,” Mr Wilson said.

“But at the same time, there is another message, another story and we see that exemplified in the lives of so many people who in the ordinary circumstances of their daily lives are peacemakers.”

Michele

Joined in 2008
March 26, 2008, 13:09

Hi Leece

I long for the day when the Church will apologise for the way they have treated transsexual women and men. I have written to one of the Elders of the Church I went too a man who was supposedly a close friend explaining biblically that being transsexual is not wrong but he never even bothered to acknowledge my email.

Sad really … I am writing a book on my own life story and the battles I have been through and I will be titling it the Transsexual Christian. I am sure when I send it to my former church friends it will create somewhat of a stir.

I will be honest I have been hurt badly by the Church and I will be going to see what the MCC are like this weekend. I have a deep faith in God always have and continue to … I just struggle with trusting organised Churches any more.

It would be nice to think one day Leece that they will include us in their list of apologies.

Have a good one.

Chat Soon

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.081 seconds.