Forums

Year 12 CAFS IRP. Need Interviewees

Page: 1

Belle

Joined in 2010
November 26, 2010, 12:47

My name is Isabella I attend a Christian school in Rural Australia. I am 16 years old and completing year 11.

I am currently doing an assessment task for my chosen subject Community and Family studies.

The question that I chose to do for my independent research project was – ‘How does coming out and homophobia impact the well-being of the individual and the family? ‘

Part of my assessment task requires me to conduct interviews and surveys, as I come from a small country town I do not have a large social network to draw upon. You will not be identified in my report, only the information given will be.

If you are willing to answer my questions, you can email me at [email protected] or just leave your answers below.

I’d really appreciate your feedback

Thank you for your time.

– Were you scared of how your family might react when you came out?

– Do you feel as though you made the right choice in coming out?

– How important is being accepted to you?

– How long did it take for you to come out to others?

– What were the first reactions you got from others?

– Did their reactions change over time?

– Did coming out impact you in any way?

– Were there relationships and friendships that were lost because of your sexuality?

– How long ago has it been since you came out?

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 26, 2010, 14:20

Hi Belle,

I think your research idea sounds really interesting. I just wanted to mention that there are a couple of guidelines that we ask people to follow when seeking respondents for surveys and research.

Could you please read the following link: http://www.freedom2b.org/topic/1192 and then submit your research request to the board for approval. Once it is approved, please repost your request in our “Research” forum.

If you’ve already followed the instructions and have permission for this request, could you please edit your post to reflect that. I can also move this post into the appropriate forum for you if you need me to. 🙂

Many Thanks.

Belle

Joined in 2010
November 26, 2010, 18:24

Hey Meg.

thanks, i read the guidelines and just emailed and asked.

im all new at this so would you be able to move it for me?

thankyou.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
November 26, 2010, 21:28

Hi Belle,

Your assessment on the effects of homophobia sounds interesting.

Perhaps you could supplement this with some existing research on homophobia based on actual interviews? Just a thought.

If you are required to interview actual people we would love your assessment/research to be a part of the freedom2b collective. I believe you have emailed [email protected]?

Welcome to our/your LGBT online community.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 27, 2010, 01:09

belle has contacted me and she has been approved to post here and make the request for participants.

Belle I think you will need to make it clear whether you want people to type their answers her…..email you ….or talk to you.

we will leave the thread here at this stage as we are leaving the research section for university level research.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 27, 2010, 13:16

No problem, AVB.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.074 seconds.