My name is Isabella I attend a Christian school in Rural Australia. I am 16 years old and completing year 11.
I am currently doing an assessment task for my chosen subject Community and Family studies.
The question that I chose to do for my independent research project was – ‘How does coming out and homophobia impact the well-being of the individual and the family? ‘
Part of my assessment task requires me to conduct interviews and surveys, as I come from a small country town I do not have a large social network to draw upon. You will not be identified in my report, only the information given will be.
If you are willing to answer my questions, you can email me at [email protected] or just leave your answers below.
I’d really appreciate your feedback
Thank you for your time.
– Were you scared of how your family might react when you came out?
– Do you feel as though you made the right choice in coming out?
– How important is being accepted to you?
– How long did it take for you to come out to others?
– What were the first reactions you got from others?
– Did their reactions change over time?
– Did coming out impact you in any way?
– Were there relationships and friendships that were lost because of your sexuality?
– How long ago has it been since you came out?